One of the most popular swaps we see is LS.... I guess its the norm now, LOL. I have been toying with grinding a cam to fit the LQ4, LQ9 and LM7. Something to push the stock heads to the limit. After some parts gathering and way to much math, I found the end of the heads but made some nice power out of a CHEAP engine.

We started with a 125k mile LQ4 6.0. Checked it over and decided it was healthy enough to run. I have a stock dyno sheet shown for reference on what this engine should make stock. The other sheet has Pull 3 and Pull 5.

Pull 3
Stock LQ4
TBSS intake
36 lb injectors
92mm TB
LS2 yellow valve springs

Pull 5
Same as above
My baby cam, springs, push rods.

At the end of the day we ended up with an engine that was 460/460. Not bad for a 300 hp stock engine with no real major upgrades. The most awesome thing was the power this thing made in Pull 3 with little upgrades.

I did grind a larger cam for a ported cathedral port head engine and we did test it with non ported heads..... It fell under pull 5 until 5k then it ran out of air and fell flat. All the heads we ran were 317s and 243/799s. Even the slight compression bump wasn't an improvement worth noting.