Thread: LQ4 Power

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Agreed, but that happens on every message board I've ever visited. There is always at least one individual that uses these forums to boost their own ego at the expense of others and detriment of the topic. There has been more than once I've resisted the urge to ask a member if they sustained any injuries knocking themselves down patting themselves on the back so hard. Responding only further poisons the thread. If you let it go they'll typically get bored and go find someone else to haunt.

If you have another Board you post LS tuning info could you PM me a link? Like I mentioned, I am looking to get into the LS realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadknee View Post
    Agreed, but that happens on every message board I've ever visited. There is always at least one individual that uses these forums to boost their own ego at the expense of others and detriment of the topic. There has been more than once I've resisted the urge to ask a member if they sustained any injuries knocking themselves down patting themselves on the back so hard. Responding only further poisons the thread. If you let it go they'll typically get bored and go find someone else to haunt.

If you have another Board you post LS tuning info could you PM me a link? Like I mentioned, I am looking to get into the LS realm.
    PM sent

New combo........ Needless to say its pretty impressive for less than 3500lbs to yank 12k worth of dead drop.

https://www.facebook.com/Team208Moto...type=2&theater

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Pedal View Post
    New combo........ Needless to say its pretty impressive for less than 3500lbs to yank 12k worth of dead drop.

Sounds great!!!

My new engine has cathederal port heads but is not LS. Cannot wait to see how it pulls. I will be moving 12K GCVW often.

Carb and Points!
    Nice!
    I scrolled down your Facebook and saw the 76 dually/8.1l swap, You have any more pics/vids of that project? or maybe a build thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Pedal View Post

Quote Originally Posted by hammered94 View Post
    Nice!
    I scrolled down your Facebook and saw the 76 dually/8.1l swap, You have any more pics/vids of that project? or maybe a build thread?
    There is a gallery up on FB. I was going to get all finished pics and videos but I was out of town when it got picked up. It has to come back in for a checkup and to have the electric to mechanical speedo drive box replaced. You have any questions? Feel free to fire away.

Well, the engine has attracted some attention... LOL. Going to run it this weekend at a year end mud drag then make a few pulls on a chassis dyno. Once we have numbers the heads come off for cleaning so we can take a mold of our hand port. After that we are going to see about a CNC file for it, if possible. That way we can bring the cost down. Like I said very early on, we are about velocity when keeping the stock displacement. I know there are CNC'd heads out there already but most of those only focus on gross volume. If this was a stroker it would be a different story. I'll get some shots up of the heads once we pull them and tare them down. This combo on the engine dyno made 475/465 at 12.5 under 6k with stock un ported heads and ran out of air fast. Once we ported the heads and put it in the mud truck it needed 27% more fuel in load to get back to 12.5. Not bad for an engine with 120k on the clock.

Played with the Big Baby Cam a little more today.

Click for Video