Thread: Just picked up a couple of new projects!

Fuel Injected!

Just picked up a couple of new projects!

Last weekend I picked up a 6.0L block, rotating assembly and extras from a friend of a coworker that was going to build it for a LS F-car racecar he got bored with. I was told it was a 6.0L truck engine and assumed LQ4, went to a good machine shop, was align bored, honed, jet washed, new cam bearings, and painted, ready to build. The crank was polished and had a good set of stock rods and piston. Got the unassembled 6.0L short block and extras cheap. When it arrives to me I discover its actually a LQ9. I paid $550 for an immaculate LQ9 ready to assemble. Went to the wrecking yard yesterday to pickup some parts. Ended up walking out and getting a pile of parts delivered to me, including a $100 5.3 longblock!!! Managed to snag a 2003 Express 6.0L harness and PCM for a 4L80E van. Also got my hands on the complete front accessory setup, 5.3 intake, coils and a set of used LQ9 heads for $450.

I need to get some pictures of my 6.0L block but here is the 5.3. Got it for $100 bucks because it had been in a light engine fire. Seems it only got the intake manifold, wiring harness, fan blade and idler. The injectors were relatively untouched and most of the coils were barely damaged. Even the rubber hoses and engine mounts looked untouched.

Near perfect condition 2002 Suburban 5.3 long block for $100.

Last edited by Fast355; 06-28-2015 at 04:13 PM.