Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324

Thread: Anyone worked with the 16196397 yet?

Fuel Injected!
    Got the Trimalyzer program working well, however I need to do some editing to the tables to get them sized and ranged appropriately. I am tempted to try and get it to tune based on the wideband sensor, but for now closed-loop tuning is working OK. Unfortunately, after a long highway cruise, when returning to idle the engine idles very lean, but only develops a minor misfire when this happens. Almost as though it was staying in highway mode after returning to (the absurdly high) idle speed.

On that note...

Idle tuning has been difficult and unruly from the start. I think there are some problems with the throttle body size and possibly my idle control valve, that I'll have to work out both in the tune, and on the engine (in the case of the valve, it's possible it's crap, as I pulled it from an 01 Cadillac four years ago...)

Carb and Points!
    Sorry for dragging this up.

I have a 95 Beretta (Base, Auto 4t60e) with a 3400 swap (everything 3400 except the TB, appropriate sensors, etc) using a 16196397 PCM with BPJH

It's running hog rich at startup+idle so I'm trying to dump the bin (I couldn't find one anywhere) but my dump via flashhack has yielded a bunch of zeroes for everything I need when opened with TunerPro and the P66 XDF+ADX (I know I have to adjust the Idle/Main VE for the new displacement)

Am I doing something wrong? I know this is getting a little dated but I'd like to get this running reliably, thanks!

e: attached what I dumped via flashhack

e2: bad dump, I'm new to flashhack and had to dump this properly

Attached is:
    16218384 16218376 N/A - TORQUE CONVERTER CLUTCH DURABILITY PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS

Going to fllash it with the latest cal for this vehicle with Main VE/Idle VE updated a little bit (16247114)

Thanks for all the resources on here and elsewhere folks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hello_world; 06-27-2022 at 09:09 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    The attached file seems good. It will be good to post the eehack read. eehack dumps are using full memory range or 128kb files. That might be the problem when you open the file in tunerpro, since it is set for 64kb files.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
    The attached file seems good. It will be good to post the eehack read. eehack dumps are using full memory range or 128kb files. That might be the problem when you open the file in tunerpro, since it is set for 64kb files.
    The attached file is correct, I removed the failed dump (dumped via flashhack improperly). To dump for this pcm one has to use flashhack P66, then everything works out (to get a 64kb dump)

Attached to this post is what I flashed using flashhack P66 (based off of 16247114, the latest Calibration ID for this VIN/Vehicle), it just has the Main/Idle VE adjusted for the new displacement (multiplied from stock by 1.097 [3.4/3.1 rounded a little). All sensors check out but I have not tested it

The major quirk I'm noticing now with the P66 ADX/XDF I'm using is that the coolant temperature sensor (I used a 3-pin sensor from the 3400 swap guide) says it's in F but it's definitely in C (yesterday at 68F ambient temp it read about 22, then today in the sun it read 32, which checks out in the sun at altitude). Will this affect idle and choke AFR?

Did I make a booboo not pulling the full EEhack 128kb dump? The thing has not had the battery connected for more than an hour at a time (long term project)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hello_world; 06-27-2022 at 10:23 PM.