Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone worked with the 16196397 yet?

Fuel Injected!
    Exhaust is finished up to the muffler, all O2 sensors in place and all the gaskets fitted, so the exhaust is all sealed up. Airbox is fitted, now I can get the intake tube finished up, and the boost control actuator is mounted and has the full range of motion it needs.

Engine bay is pretty much finished, I have the big vacuum block connector under the dash left to plug in and need to re-route the fuel pump control wiring so I can fit the hood latch cable grommet in place.

Need to weld up a hole in the floor under the seat, and scrub the floor down to lay in the dynamatt and new carpet. After all that, it's down to reassemble the dash plastics with the new stereo and I am realizing this very second I should have changed the dash speakers out prior to installing the dash...

Fuel Injected!
    Just waiting on the revised engine code now.

Had any time to look at it yet, Robert?

Super Moderator
    finally having time to look at this, we're supposed to be in our slow season at work, but we're even busier than the summer(our typical fast season).

you have some conflict(s) in the calibration for the MAP sensor setup.

"MAP Sensor Scalar to make Normalized MAP for Boost calcs" is setup for a 3BAR sensor while the other 3 values are setup for a 2BAR. that's only in use while at/above 100kPa though.

I did notice something in the code I should have done better(and probably will), but all of my math is coming up correctly when both 1BAR MAP Emulation values are setup correctly for the sensor in use.

I changed the attached BIN to report both emulated 1BAR and raw 2/3BAR MAP values, corrected the MAP scalar value to match the 2BAR sensor and changed the 100kPa highway fuel value(didn't have an issue changing it?). the ADX you uploaded already has the capability to display raw 2/3BAR MAP values, now with the BIN change, that should actually display properly and should track right along what the 1BAR value does.

I would upload new BIN, connect with key-on engine-off and see what the raw 2/3 values and emulated 1BAR values look like. from the stream you posted, it's almost like a 1BAR sensor is being used with 2BAR settings, being able to see the raw a/d conversion that the processor is receiving should help confirm just what is happening.

i'll get the wideband, dual O2 and manual trans stuff sorted once we get this figured out.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    I figured you were just busy. The only worry I have right now is getting caught in the snow with a non-running truck, and that risk gets higher the closer to January I get.

Before, with the original BIN patched with the 2/3 bar patch, key-on, engine-off I was seeing the "MAP" reported value at 50kpA, give or take a few tenths. "Barometric" reported the default value-94kpa and change-and when I changed the default value (I've got baro updates locked out for now until I can figure out where it'll be safe to do them, so they're just the default value) the 94kpa baro value changed with it.

I have a 2 bar map sensor from a 2002 GTP installed-it's the brick type with the orange Weatherpack connector. I've got three of them, and all of them gave me the same 50kpA value.

I'll make the suggested 2 bar/3 bar changes and post the BIN and ADX, and report back on the values the ECM is showing me. Hopefully getting the MAP value correct will result in the VE table being close enough to run with the injectors set up as the correct size.

Fuel Injected!
    OK, so I'm still seeing the same issue. I loaded the bin you posted, after checking to make sure the bin you posted had all the changes made that you said to make. Uploaded it to the PCM and connected with TunerproRT, using the same ADX.

The values for key-off, engine off are:

MAP : 10.35
    Raw 2BAR MAP: 8.8
    Raw 3BAR MAP: 3.6
    Barometric: 10.35

The key-on, engine-off values are:

MAP: 53.53
    Raw 2BAR Map: 8.8
    Raw 3BAR Map: 3.6
    Barometric: 53.16

some key-on, engine-trying-to-run values are:

Ran a few seconds with a lot of throttle help:

1600RPM
    10.59* spark advance

MAP: 23.27

1400RPM

12* spark advance

MAP: 29.17

There are more values in the (admittedly very short) log attached.

I'm also still having the datastream corruption. Still happens about the same rate-1 in 12 connections seems clean and corruption free.
    Last edited by Xnke; 12-12-2016 at 10:55 PM.

Super Moderator
    odd, one of the key areas of your BIN for the boost patch wasn't modified like it should have been.... i was certain that i must have not inserted those changes into the Patch item, but they already existed. i unapplied and then reapplied the patch and suddenly everything that was supposed to changed.

no other calibration changes performed. I'm not sure how a patch could have gotten half-applied?

Fuel Injected!
    Weird. I am gonna give this bin a shot in about an hour. Hopefully it works!

Fuel Injected!
    The new bin DOES make the 2 bar map sensor work properly-things are looking good there.

However, now the PCM won't connect if the engine is running or trying to run-I can start a datalog, and get 11-13hz data rate, then as soon as I crank the engine the data rate falls to 3hz or less-and then the data error rate goes up at a count of two or three per second until the engine stalls out or I shut it off. Occasionally I'll get a few good frames of data before it starts dropping out again. This ONLY happens when the engine is "running", although I can get data rate errors with just being connected to it.

I get nasty backfires and pops out the exhaust ocassionally, and have to really work the throttle to keep it from cranking-fireing-stalling, but the more I pull fuel from the main VE table the better it seems to get. Still won't run on it's own.

I didn't know if I had a 58psi regulator or a 43.5 psi regulator, so I started with the high pressure flow rate of 36lb/hr as the base pulse constant, and changed it to the lower pressure 33lb/hr base pulse constant, and that seemed to help some, so that's when i started multiplying the 0-2800RPM, 0-60kPa section of the main VE table by 0.95. Things seemed to get better, but then I noticed the datastream corruption meant I wasn't getting any data now.

Here's the current BIN and a few datalogs, hopefully they show what I mean.

Fuel Injected!
    I'm trying the "add a pause before resend" command tweak I found on the tunerpro forum to try and get the data rate to work properly. Hopefully it works.

Fuel Injected!
    Seems to work OK with a 20ms pause, even with a nearly completely flat battery. I've got some more "cleaning" to do on this laptop, as it's starting to convince me there's something going wrong with it too.

Fuel Injected!
    Still having connection issues. Not sure what's up with it, but it *seems* to be that the data just drops out once the engine is running...but then again it's only running a few seconds at a time, so hard to say.

Going to try keeping it going with a bit of gas siphoned in, but that's a bit sketchy on blower cars...easy way to put the blower through the hood. Next on the list of shit to try is crank with it in flood-clear mode, and make sure the timing isn't actually 73,884* advanced...which is what I'm seeing on tunerpro occasionally.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok. I made a few fueling changes and got the engine to run for 45 seconds to a minute at a time-and still no data. I can connect with tunerpro, to an engine that has not been started, and get a clean datalog. If I hook up spare coolant temp sensors I can make the IAT and CLT sensors move around cleanly, no glitches or bad data frames.

As soon as I start the engine the first time, the green "logging" box goes red and reads "data error" and all displayed data stalls out. After the engine inevitably stalls out, the glitchy, sporadic data comes back, the "logging" light goes green, and I get random data error messages. Apparently I can get this baby to turn 7889980988749475 ripums!

So, to check that it's not my ALDL-to-USB connector, I fired up Scan94-95 and did the same few tests. Engine fires up and runs 45 seconds to a minute, but I have to be very careful on the throttle, it's a bit rich in some spots and very lean in others so by bouncing between the two I can keep it going.

However I've noticed that while the 1X cam sensor is working, and the 24X crank sensor is working, the "engine RPM (3X)" field remains at a value of 20, regardless of the other two values.

Is it possible that I've got a kinda-dead DIS module or maybe a bad 7X crank sensor? Maybe I wired the crank sensor backwards?

I dunno if that'd cause the datastream to drop out in TunerPro, but it might explain the hard-to-make-run problem.

Super Moderator
    it's been a while since I've used it, but does scan94-95 give solid data?

if the 7X sensor were completely dead, you wouldn't be getting any kind of spark(from the ICM in bypass mode or EST mode). even wired backwards(which I'm not sure how you could do that, it just plugs into the ICM), I think it would still work. just in case, the yellow wire from pin A of the sensor goes to pin A of connector 3 on the ICM. purple wire of pin B(sensor) goes to pin C on connector 3 of the ICM.

there are sections in both logs that show a reasonable RPM signal(hovering in the ~1800-2400RPM area), I'm not sure why scan94-95 would only show 20RPM though, that's the "default" value when the time between 3X signals from the ICM exceeds the accumulator limit.

Fuel Injected!
    The 24X sensor gives good RPM data in Scan94-95, but the 3X sensor gives 20. In Tunerpro, "Engine Speed" seems to be correct, but the 24X sensor gives a fixed value usually, something like 1296RPM or something. It doesn't change like the Engine speed does.

here's a few of the latest datalogs...I don't know what to do about this anymore. Connection with Tunerpro is completely unusuable while the engine is running. I'm making blind guesses to get this to run for more than a few seconds at a time.

Fuel Injected!
    Just managed to brick the PCM. Was flashing it, then all the sudden the usb-to-aldl cable decided to up and disappear from the system. Great stuff, Love it when shit like that happens. Maybe the problem the whole time is a crap FTDI cable. I've about had it with FTDI, their shit has ruined the last six flash chips I've lost to programming issues.

Are the chips in these the same as the "EE" based PCMs for the LT1? If so, maybe there's hope for this one-or I can crack another one and add the wideband input.