Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone worked with the 16196397 yet?

Fuel Injected!
    That sucks. Hope a lot of it can be re-used, sounds like the code jumps may have worked you into a space corner?

I'm starting on sanding down the hood and doors this week, gonna try to get them prepped and ready to paint soon. Once I get the doors and hood painted and installed, it'll be ready to drive again. I can always just pull the bed off and put it on the work table while I fix it, and drive with no bed on the truck for a while. The frame could use a few good rainshower scrubbings to get all the dirt off!

Got the console and power bucket seats fitted, now just gotta finish the interior wiring-most of which I added myself when I picked up these power doors and seats.

Also got a nifty factory map-light rear-view mirror too, and it WORKS!

Carb and Points!
    Hello. Please help i think i just bricked my ecm. I have 3.1 94 corsica with auto trans and 16196397 ecm. I flashed it many times to change idle rpm and other and everything was fine. But today i decided to disable EGR and changed min and max rpm using eex.xdf (with some comments) that i dowloaded earlier. After flashing completes cooling fan started as always and i turned ignition key off. After that when i turned the key to ign position my fan relay starts to click continuously and the car barely idles if i try to start it. I could not flash ecm because cats tuner says that it cant connect to ecm. I can read vehicle info and other info but cant reflash it with my old bin. Is there any way to reanimate my ecm or i neeed to buy new one?

Fuel Injected!
    You'll have to desolder the two flash PROMs and program them separately, then either resolder them or fit chip sockets And put the chips back in.

Unfortunately, $EE does not work with the 6397 ecm, you've flashed ab incompatible firmware.

Easy solution is eBay, I have bought perfectly fine PCMs on eBay for less than 10 bucks shipped.

Carb and Points!
    Yeah i think i changed egr rpm using $EE xdf and it changed something else in my bin. I already ordered new ecu from ebay. Only problem is that i had to wait for it to ship to russia :D.

Fuel Injected!
    There are plenty of Russian electronic hobbies who should have the skills and tools to un-brick yours, too. Don't junk the bad one yet!

Download the P66 v6 package from this thread and use it-but do not use the 2 bar boost support patch until Robert has had time to fix it. The boost code currently doesn't work properly, but the XDF, ADX, and bins with the Rev 3.01 patch work great.
    Last edited by Xnke; 03-06-2017 at 08:12 AM.

Carb and Points!
    it looks like mine have an28f256a chip. What kind of tool do i need to reflash it?

Fuel Injected!
    There are two chips in a P66 pcm, both will be the same. You need an EEPROM burner that supports that chip and the appropriate PLCC adaptor. I use one I bought on eBay, was 55$ American.

Carb and Points!
    Got it, thank you. I will try to desolder my chips first.

Fuel Injected!
    Hey Robert, any updates on the V2 boost code?

Carb and Points!
    Now i'm not sure which side is for 0 and which is for 1 because i do not know what is knock filter Is this E-side which goes part 0?20170316_102417.jpg

Fuel Injected!
    E-side is the side with the blue connector, and the plug-on knock filter. The EEPROM is partially under the knock filter.

Super Moderator
    Wife's car has been testing all of my patience(and consuming all of my time) lately, but I do have a patch put together. found some more interesting quirks along the way, like how the E-side doesn't bother generating a baro value, it just gets the value passed to it from the T-side. so now, when baro updates are allowed with the boost patch, they start with a MAP read on the E-side, get emulated into a 1BAR value, sent to the T-side, T-side uses the emulated 1BAR signal instead of the reading it would normally make of the MAP sensor and sends it back to the E-side.

in any case, new XDF has a new boost patch in it, existing ADX should still work since I didn't change any of that behavior. as always, test with caution, i ran it through a real basic simulator, it shouldn't crash a PCM at the very least and I'm hoping for a hell of a lot better results in terms of actually running an engine.

removed the flag for selecting 2/3BAR MAP sensor presence, if boost code is applied, it's expecting it. i would have to run some math to verify, but there are probably setting combinations that would allow the 1BAR as well, but that seems like a fringe application, if any.

I'm going to implement the non-boost high range spark table that's included with the boost patch into a new Rev3 patch at some point, just not at the moment. it's only a single byte difference, but it's 3AM already and i don't feel like typing more documentation or spreadsheet formulas than necessary at the moment.

if this version ends up working well, i'll try and round up all of my disassemblies and patch notes for this PCM and set them in an archive. anyone proficient with 6811 would be able to use them as a launching pad for their own level of weird if they wanted to and not be held back by my pace.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Sounds great Robert!

I'll get it loaded in the PCM tonight and get some feedback for you. I have my pink book out, and two of my local buddies have been playing with 6811's the last few months for other things and said they'd love to get a look at how real-world implementations of the 6811 are done. (They're engineering students at the local college, "non-traditional" college kids at 30ish, but they love to act like they're 19 again.)

Doesn't she drive a V660 too? Monte Carlo or something?

Super Moderator
    GM's implementation of 6811s aren't entirely by the book, especially anything earlier than a P6. a lot of things feel kind of hacked together, whether by time/cost constraints/etc or something else, if nothing else it would be an experience in seeing how if you have a reasonable idea of how something CAN work, you can probably make it work after about 10 code revisions and a few layers of drywall compound and paint.

the monte carlo is mine, her current ride is a V660, but not a GM design. 94 Ford Probe GT with a Mazda KLDE engine. it's an incredibly compact 2.5L DOHC 60V6 and sounds fantastic spinning at 7000... when it's running. the electronics on it and running it are kind of infuriating at times, I'm having to replace the distributor in a few days because it has the coil, a crank sensor, a cam sensor and the coil driver all integrated into one unit, so when any part of it fails, you buy all of it. there are some parts out there to rebuild it on your own(which i'll likely do with the unit I'm pulling off), but at some point I'm likely going to rip all of that out and adapt a GM 60V6 DIS setup to it.

her first car was a 90 grand prix 3.1, which is where I started cutting my teeth on tuning. after screwing around with the calibration using existing XDFs for a while, I disassembled the BIN(after many, MANY attempts) and started trying to understand the code behind it. I then found it much more fruitful to update to the code used for the 91 model year cars since it had an internal GM document released that described the entire calibration area, so I repeated the disassembly process with those calibrations and really started grasping how it worked. a few months after that, I started the nAst1 project(which I've kind of left hanging at the moment to try and iron out basic P66V6 stuff). that car is gone now(so much Michigan rust), but we have a 91 grand prix w/3.4DOHC that I have to reassemble which will be running on nAst1 with an internally modified 16149396 PCM.

honestly, I think i have too many concurrent projects.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post

honestly, I think i have too many concurrent projects.
    Oh, we don't even want to play that game...

Right now, i have:

Supercharged truck engine (95%)
    Paint supercharged truck (65%)
    Repair GMC Canyon 2.8L 4-cylinder (0%)
    Complete restoration-modification-racecar of 1969 Ford Maverick (32%)
    Build garage addition (70%)
    Engine build for the Maverick (cut-and-spliced LQ4 cylinder heads on Ford 300-6 engine block, 70%)

Newly designed (solid 90% complete) engine control computer (100% my design and coding)
    Digitally tuned 3-band, multi-mode HF/VHF radio transceiver (66% complete, functional)
    1969 state-of-the-art 250W band-switching AM transmitter (55% complete)

I think that's all the active projects...