Thread: Anyone worked with the 16196397 yet?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    the speedo on the ranger I beat around in does that, but I assumed it was normal for all worn cable-driven setups. I could be wrong, but I want to say that in 89 or so, all S/T trucks went to speed sensors rather than cables?
    I think it varied for a couple years based on MT or AT. I know my buddies 89 was cable driven with a sensor in the instrument cluster for the speed signal.
    87 4Runner, 15" spring lift, 3" body, chevy vortec 355, 5.29 gears, 38.5x15.5x15" Boggers, 280hr, 16168625 running $0D
    93 S10, 36x12.5x15 TSL's, custom turbo headers, 266HR cam, p&p vortec heads, $0D Marine MPFI with 8psi boost.
    05 Silverado, 2' lift, 4" exhaust, Bully Dog programmer,

Fuel Injected!
    My 93 has a VSS in the tailshaft housing, no cable. If it was cable drive, a new cable would fix it, it normally means the cable is broken in the housing and the broken ends are catching and turning the speedo-not uncommon. When the ends slip apart, the speedo stops.

Supposedly the changeover happened in 88, when the Tachometer went away. I'd love to get a pre-88 cluster, transplant the electronic speedometer, and have a functional tachometer on the dash...

Fuel Injected!
    Picked up some 0280155811 injectors this week, 36lb Bosch injectors from an L67 3800 supercharged. Also got a 58psi fuel regulator and rail from a 3400, so I should have plenty of fuel now. Also got some more aluminum stock to make the upper intake, throttle body flange, and the idler pulley bracket.

The injectors are supposedly the same ones in the Corvette ASA tune, so hopefully getting the injector settings correct won't be difficult.

Super Moderator
    you could grab the injector offsets from a L67 calibration as well. I've done that before for some swaps, it does take some math to translate between the two though, especially with the ridiculous injector offset resolution of this PCM.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Hmmm, think there is a calibration for a late series II 3800SC in the archives here? I'd love to be able to kick the fueling table up by 1.1 and wire the bypass open on the supercharger to get the flat-tappet cam broken in without errors-that's the biggest worry with a completely new engine build. For a flat-tappet, the really critical bit is getting it to light off and run at least 2000RPM for 20 minutes without washing down the cylinder walls with too much fuel, and not having to crank it over more than once or twice to get it to light off and run-the least amount of cranking needed means the largest amount of assembly lube left on the cam lobes to keep them safe until they're burnished in. If you really have to crank it over a lot before it fires off, the chance of reduced ring sealing or worse still a flat cam lobe goes up exponentially.

I'm thinking I need to figure out what I'd need to change for a 260ish-degree cam, the 3400cc displacement vs 3100cc displacement, and the L67 injectors, make my best guesses for those, and then I'd feel safe about cranking it up.

Super Moderator
    should be in the OBD2 BIN section.... I know I've uploaded quite a few. I use tinytuner to grab the data from them.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Ok, so I've gotten started on the programming here. I'm totally confused, the file naming conventions are...interesting.

I am wanting to start with the 1995 3100 beretta program, since I believe it will be closer to the end result than starting with the 3.4L F-body program. From there, I want to make the changes talked about early in this thread, then post 'em up and see if they're ballpark-correct.

The ECM to be used is a 16196397 BKRL. This was pulled from an apparently modified Beretta, with a 3100 engine and a manual transmission. God knows where it started out from.

Looking through the P66 BIN files from the thread for this PCM, I've found the Rev3 L-body folder, and have file names such as:

16230734B 94 L original FDR export lying speedometer.bin
    16227354 95 L.bin
    Others with similar structure.

Now, I belive the 162... number denotes the service tag? If so, my service tag isn't listed. Which of these bins should I choose to start with? Any? I have poked around in the "95 L.bin" file for now. I've got it patched with the two patches from the Boosted XDF.

Next, I need to open up a 96+ L67 calibration file and pull the injector data from it. I imagine I'll need an OBDII program to open up the calibration, hunt down the injector data, and then re-work the injector data to work in the OBD1 computer. What program to open the cal, and what parts of the injector data do I need?
    Last edited by Xnke; 09-17-2015 at 01:30 AM.