Thread: Anyone worked with the 16196397 yet?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    I figured it had something to do with Baro-but the dissassemblies I tried to make of the standard bin and patched bin haven't gotten me anywere-they don't yet reassemble to the same binary yet. Figured I couldn't hurt things by getting into it, but I can't help things yet either...

Yeah, I carry extra sensors but *generally* most people don't do that. Do you want a remote login session sometime to see exactly what's going on with this? I've pretty much gotten the Tunerpro data crazyness to stop completely, so it's not too hard to get an accurate log anymore. Any data that can be helpful, you lemme know what you want to see.

Also, the offer of a socketed PCM stands-you want one I'll send one to you. I have new flash chips for 'em too, as the ones I pulled off the boards seemed to not want to write properly.

Fuel Injected!
    Are there any successes in this on going saga? Inquiring minds want to know.

Fuel Injected!
    Not yet. Been waiting on revised code, but things are going forward in other areas. I've picked up some nice bucket seats and a console, and a pair of doors so I can get them prepped and painted-I have to go pick them up tomarrow.

Super Moderator
    haven't been able to look at this continually for more than about 5 minutes at a time before something else distracted me, but I believe I've found at least one significant reason why the issue of not updating MAP after baro updates stop occurs. I don't know why I decided to make code jumps where I did, but I have to scrap a good portion of the boost code that I had written.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    That sucks. Hope a lot of it can be re-used, sounds like the code jumps may have worked you into a space corner?

I'm starting on sanding down the hood and doors this week, gonna try to get them prepped and ready to paint soon. Once I get the doors and hood painted and installed, it'll be ready to drive again. I can always just pull the bed off and put it on the work table while I fix it, and drive with no bed on the truck for a while. The frame could use a few good rainshower scrubbings to get all the dirt off!

Got the console and power bucket seats fitted, now just gotta finish the interior wiring-most of which I added myself when I picked up these power doors and seats.

Also got a nifty factory map-light rear-view mirror too, and it WORKS!

Carb and Points!
    Hello. Please help i think i just bricked my ecm. I have 3.1 94 corsica with auto trans and 16196397 ecm. I flashed it many times to change idle rpm and other and everything was fine. But today i decided to disable EGR and changed min and max rpm using eex.xdf (with some comments) that i dowloaded earlier. After flashing completes cooling fan started as always and i turned ignition key off. After that when i turned the key to ign position my fan relay starts to click continuously and the car barely idles if i try to start it. I could not flash ecm because cats tuner says that it cant connect to ecm. I can read vehicle info and other info but cant reflash it with my old bin. Is there any way to reanimate my ecm or i neeed to buy new one?

Fuel Injected!
    You'll have to desolder the two flash PROMs and program them separately, then either resolder them or fit chip sockets And put the chips back in.

Unfortunately, $EE does not work with the 6397 ecm, you've flashed ab incompatible firmware.

Easy solution is eBay, I have bought perfectly fine PCMs on eBay for less than 10 bucks shipped.