Thread: Anyone worked with the 16196397 yet?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Carb and Points!
    Hello. Please help i think i just bricked my ecm. I have 3.1 94 corsica with auto trans and 16196397 ecm. I flashed it many times to change idle rpm and other and everything was fine. But today i decided to disable EGR and changed min and max rpm using eex.xdf (with some comments) that i dowloaded earlier. After flashing completes cooling fan started as always and i turned ignition key off. After that when i turned the key to ign position my fan relay starts to click continuously and the car barely idles if i try to start it. I could not flash ecm because cats tuner says that it cant connect to ecm. I can read vehicle info and other info but cant reflash it with my old bin. Is there any way to reanimate my ecm or i neeed to buy new one?

Fuel Injected!
    You'll have to desolder the two flash PROMs and program them separately, then either resolder them or fit chip sockets And put the chips back in.

Unfortunately, $EE does not work with the 6397 ecm, you've flashed ab incompatible firmware.

Easy solution is eBay, I have bought perfectly fine PCMs on eBay for less than 10 bucks shipped.

Carb and Points!
    Yeah i think i changed egr rpm using $EE xdf and it changed something else in my bin. I already ordered new ecu from ebay. Only problem is that i had to wait for it to ship to russia :D.

Fuel Injected!
    There are plenty of Russian electronic hobbies who should have the skills and tools to un-brick yours, too. Don't junk the bad one yet!

Download the P66 v6 package from this thread and use it-but do not use the 2 bar boost support patch until Robert has had time to fix it. The boost code currently doesn't work properly, but the XDF, ADX, and bins with the Rev 3.01 patch work great.
    Last edited by Xnke; 03-06-2017 at 08:12 AM.

Carb and Points!
    it looks like mine have an28f256a chip. What kind of tool do i need to reflash it?

Fuel Injected!
    There are two chips in a P66 pcm, both will be the same. You need an EEPROM burner that supports that chip and the appropriate PLCC adaptor. I use one I bought on eBay, was 55$ American.

Carb and Points!
    Got it, thank you. I will try to desolder my chips first.