Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Anyone worked with the 16196397 yet?

Fuel Injected!
    I check all AC routines and there is nothing MAP related in the code. Bit 4 and 5 are gear related too.

I suppose there is something broken with the patch you have. If you post all the files you have I can take a look.

You can log byte 89 and see if there is a switch activated, when AC is switched off.

Fuel Injected!
    That's the weird part-it happens at exactly 50kpA manifold pressure. I can simulate driving by using a trigger wheel simulator and operate the MAP sensor with a hand operated vacuum pump-the PCM will kick the AC compressor clutch off at 50kpa. If I pull a little more vacuum, the clutch will lock back in again.

As far as all the files, all the current patch code is included in the XDF, as well as what it replaced. To patch the bin, Start with the Rev3.01 patch, then the 2-bar patch, the wideband patch, and the fuel injector voltage patch, in that order. That's exactly what I have running in the truck now-I haven't changed them in months.

There is an N/V ratio to consider the truck at WOT and disable the A/C, but it doesn't seem to matter what I set it up to, the 50kpa switch point stays the same.

Fuel Injected!
    I think I found the cure. It matches exactly the symptoms 36 mph and 50kp.
    There is one byte changed at the spi comm that is used in ac routine.

Change 819d to ff and 819c to ff.

Fuel Injected!
    Nice! I'll look at that tonight, and I'll post the segment of code I think you mean to make sure I understand what you're saying.

You're saying:

On the T-Side, change the SPI communication byte that is part of the A/C on-off routine, at location 819D from whatever it currently is to FF, and at 819C from whatever it currently is, to FF.

Fuel Injected!
    Patch reconfigures one of the SPI comm byte that is used in ac routine. This byte is compared with 819d and 819c. Stock settings are $24 and $80.
    $24=36 and is really close to the MPH you reported. $80 might be considered 50kp. Still not clear how one byte value will be responsible to mph and map at the same time. There might be some bugs in the SPi side of the patch.

Change these two bytes to ff and report result. If it doesn`t work I wll look deeper in the code

Fuel Injected!
    The patch changes the MAP value from 1 bar to 2 bar-so what originally would have been a 100kpA value, is now a 50kpA value. That could explain half of it-the other half, I do not know.

Basically, the T-side does the MAP analog conversion to digital, keeps the baro value, and sends the raw map ADC value across the SPI bus to the E-side. Then E-side then takes the MAP ADC value and does the math to generate a 2-bar MAP value, and also a 1-bar emulated value to send back to the T-side for transmission control stuff-because there isn't room in the T-side to do the 2-bar MAP rework over there. (also the T-side does the inital ADC, but then sends it to the E-side for the math.)

The wideband patch just slots in the wideband ADC value to the SPI bus, and sends it to the T-side so it can be put into the normal datastream sent out to the laptop. All the ADC values and conversion is done on the E-side.

I'll give this a try tonight, and we'll see if it works tomorrow morning when I drive to work. (40 miles of highway driving, the A/C almost never works on the highway.)

Fuel Injected!
    OK, so byte 819C is already in the XDF as the "N/V (tach/speedometer vss) ratio to use WOT Disable", and the stock F-body bin it's 36, in the stock L-body bin it's 101. Byte 819D isn't defined in the XDF yet, so what I will be doing is adding it as a new scalar, naming it "Possibly the MAP value to disable the A/C", and I will play with it to confirm if that's it or not.

Fuel Injected!
    Did you manage to test it out? I got some other ideas too, if it wont work.

Fuel Injected!
    So far, it hasn't seemed to have worked. I am still doing some testing but setting bytes 819C and 891D to FF have not fixed it. It hasn't changed the issue at all, best I can tell.

Fuel Injected!
    The code can run with 2 different AC system. On f-body with evap temperature control and TXV. On front wheel drive platforms it is with orfice tube.

There is separate settings and code for each system and a lot of undefined parameters. What system are you using?

I suggest copying all the settings with the hidden parameters. If still not working logging string of bytes with mode2 through eehack raw command window might help figuring what commands AC off.

Some DTC set also switch off the AC

Fuel Injected!
    I am using the orifice tube, without temperature control. I have the flags set as per an L-body car, which also used the orifice tube. (at least I set them by putting the L-body bin in the compare bin slot, then went through the F-body manual bin (the only rear-wheel drive configuration) and changed all the things that come up in a ctl-F "A/C" search to match the L-body orifice tube settings.

Fuel Injected!
    I checked the bin and the following ranges are all AC related.
    byte_8005 bit 6, bit 7
    8195-81ba
    822b-8262

Find a bin from front wheel drive, manual, orfice tube car and copy all the parameters.
    Than we can log some data if there is still no working condition present.

Fuel Injected!
    I'll send you the bins I'm using, I have a LOT of them for these cars. All the ones Robert Sarr has listed on this site plus a few more. I'll grab them off my laptop along with a fresh pull of the bin I'm driving on right now, plus the annotated XDF with as much detail as I can fit in it about the patches.

Fuel Injected!
    Been a long time since I fought this problem. Haven't fixed it yet, and haven't done anything with the car all winter-the laptop died and I got laid off work. Now that I'm back at work, a new laptop will be coming in soon and I'll try to salvage all my old data.

It's been a crappy winter-I had loaded a no-boost tune in the truck to save the transmission, and then the laptop died. It's been 3 months since I got the R154 transmission swap and single-piece driveshaft ready to go, and without the laptop to adjust tuning for the new gear ratios, I've been puttering along with no boost and a 3 speed...2nd and 5th gears are gone in the T5.

Fuel Injected!
    Man things have been rough with this lately.

Bought the new laptop, then the garage flooded three weeks later and it got drowned. Just now got it repaired and took some datalogs today, found out my plus and minus keys don't work on the laptop keyboard and I had a dead O2 sensor.

Fixed the O2 sensor and started going through the tune again, working out what kinds of bugs are still there...I've forgotten a LOT about this thing since I last worked on it. Been driving it daily, and while the fuel milage had declined some it was still good...power wasn't and the engine wasn't so smooth, but nothing I could do without a new laptop to tune with.

Downloaded Trimalyzer since the new laptop runs Windows 10, now I gotta get Winflash working on it. I'll pull the current bin and do the first actual tuning on the truck since I fired it up...even with the bigger cam, bigger injectors, supercharger, and headers, my integrator has always been pretty close and the BLM's have been within 8 of 128 from the start. (I did hand edit the VE tables first, so my guesses were in the right direction!)

More tomorrow. I gotta get consistant on updating this or I'll never figure out what I'm doing again!