MAP skew is odd.... there's no reason the MAP value should be any different than baro with engine-off, especially with them being calculated using the exact same code. even if the scalars were way off-base, they should still show the same value. is the emulated 1BAR matching the raw 2BAR or raw 3BAR value in the stream? I'm wondering if the 98kPa value is a default? but then you've mentioned being able to simulate it with a pot, so that seems less likely.

the fact that it still doesn't update after cranking is bizarre. I have to wonder if I slipped it into an SPI transfer slot that is only transmitted before cranking? it would still be being updated on the E-side if so, i'll have to pull up my E-side only ADX for that.

T-side has its own A/D channel for MAP and it uses it regularly, it also creates its own baro value. E-side having its own A/D channel for the MAP sensor as well, for whatever reason does not generate a baro value, it just gets the baro value from T-side passed to it over the SPI link. so, in the end the T-side is entirely responsible for making and maintaining the baro value.

I would think if we were to dig into the PCM(which is something I've been desperately trying to avoid since it raises the entry barrier for a good portion of people), it feels like the same issue would be present now that my code just isn't accounting for somewhere. using it exclusively as a baro device would require some recoding on both sides as well. would allow to watch for stuff like filter restriction too...

i'll send you a dropbox link via PM in a bit with what I've got so far, I don't want dysfunctional raw code out in the public with my name on it.