Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Serial vs usb

HistoryStamp, something did not work correctly with your picture? It's a red x?

MudBuggy. There are three things/files you need in TP for your ECM in order below. The forth is Data Log. It is something you create from your engine because of the files you loaded into TunerPro. Actually you can create a data log with just the ADX. But to make changes in your chip you need to change the file burned into the chip called the "BIN file, extension .bin" The mask/XDF is like a program so you can do so in relatively English, not looking for and changing hex. This is what a bin file looks like on a chip.

Where in there would you increase idle? Now there are guys here that know how to do this but still use TunerPro because it simplifies the changes.

CHIP: .bin extension. This is the ASDU.bin TunerPro, File, Open Bin. Choose your bin you downloaded and saved. Now your bin is loaded in TunerPro.

MASK: .xdf file extension. This is $42-1227747-V3.XDF TunerPro still open, XDF, select your xdf you downloaded and saved, now your mask is loaded in TunerPro. You can now make changes to your chip/bin file.

SCANNER: .adx file extension. This is $42-1227747-V3.ADX TunerPro still open, Acquisition, Load Definition file you downloaded and saved . Now your acquisition file is loaded in TunerPro. You can now record data from car. Or play back a data log if you do next step.

DATA LOG: .xdl file extension. This is the file with XDL TunerPro still open, Acquisition, Load Log file.

You may be confusing a couple files I have a lot of work into and the ended up at Version 3 (V3) the name could be simply $42.xdf this is the mask number for that ECM. 1227727 is the ECM number. Hence the ending name I gave it $42-1227747-V3 there is an ADX and XDF. I named them specifically the same because they also have a lot of work in them together with a feature of TunerPro called data Tracing...

OK with tunerPro open go to File, Open BIN. "BIN"
    Then, XDF, Choose "XDF"
    Then, Acquisition, Load Definition File. "ADX"
    Then, Acquisition, Load Log File, "XDL"
    Attached Images Attached Images

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Holy shit! I got it. I didn't have the .adx file loaded in. Good shit. Now what? Why is the knock count low in the idle area but higher in the midrange? I have other questions but they slip my mind right now. Yea I got it. I can't imagine how long it took for the first person to figure out how many programs it took to see something happen. Thanks Mark

From my point of view, and for the tutorial, it might be easier to list the 3 or 4 programs for an example of a vehicle for people to use. Tell them exactly which programs they need to load. I know that I can read a manual and understand the pricipals and theroys, but not comprehend the practical application of the manual. So I needed the 'babysitting' to connect the manual and the real world. But that's just me, but I'm willing to bet there are more people out there like me
    1989 GMC V1500
    2002 Chevy Trailblazer
    1988 Dodge Ramcharger

When you calm down a bit we will talk...

At least now you can play a data log, look at dashboards, monitors are a much better tuning tool, Item lists also show data and switches. While your playing back the data log find the Enable Data Tracing button and click it. Then go over to the bin/xdf side in tables and look for the VE fuel table and open it! You will see a little bubble dancing around showing you where you are in data log, in chip! This really helps to know where to tune...

It took me a long time too, but now I don't know how to write a beginner how too, so you are teaching me!

-= =-

It took me a long time too, but now I don't know how to write a beginner how too, so you are teaching me!

- ok, if you say so!!!

So if I would change any numbers in the graphs would it make a difference after the playback or does that reflect the playback at all? no?

I can't check the numbers that I change until I insert the changes into the vehicles computer? yea?

So what do you want to talk about?
    1989 GMC V1500
    2002 Chevy Trailblazer
    1988 Dodge Ramcharger

If your talking about changes on the left side to the bin file? No you will not see any changes in the data log. But you use the numbers in data log to change numbers in bin, then burn new chip and record another data log to see changes. Look at the dashboards, right click on one and you can change what it reads... right click on monitor and you can add things or subtract things... watch data in item lists, you can change those lists any way you want them, Acqusistion, Edit definition then open the Item lost views and play with that...

Look around on left side, find the VE table and change a number..., you have backups right? See if you can find how to change desired idle speed on left side in bin...

-= =-