Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with BLM #'s, have pic's

Fuel Injected!

Help with BLM #'s, have pic's

Hey guys, I have been data logging and have gotten to a pretty good spot with it. My concern is that my VE Table is far from smooth. I'll attach the pics here.
    Here are the sample count, History Average of the last trip and the Graph. Am I doing something wrong? I thought that the graph should be a smooth... cuz mine ain't smooth!

Fuel Injected!
    Am I doing something wrong? I thought that the graph should be a smooth... cuz mine ain't smooth!
    They don't smooth themselves..............,that would be to easy,

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?1895-Adjusting-VE-Fueling-tables-with-BLM-data-Tutorial!

It looks like history sample count in your ADX is set to 10,so your only seeing the last 10 samples , use Running average and Running count, or edit the adx

But your issue may be, not seperating idle and open throttle blm info ..there's a excel spreadsheet if you savvy..
    If not..
    When recording log, start log and go..minimize stops..at end of log let idle in gear 2-3 min, same in park..
    For play back of logs..
    watch temp in dash ,when at operating temp pause log ;clear the OT history table....play..stop before idle period,adjust OT VE
    use idle info at end of log,watch dash for idle flag or idle spark active,pause log;clear idle history table...play..adjust idle ve
    Last edited by CFI Z51; 06-22-2015 at 12:31 AM.
    "I tried mediation... I tried medication... Then i realized what i really needed was more Horsepower!"
    - = 1984 Corvette CFI - 700R4 - 7427 $0D - 18psi - ex262H-14 = -

Fuel Injected!
    I know that they do not smooth themselves. The reason for showing the pics were to show the difference in the graph and how "good" the VE numbers were. I know how to smooth the graph but it will make the VE numbers way off.
    I wasn't sure about the History Sample Count or the Running Average Count to use. I went off of the last thing I read that said to use the History Sample. So I can sure make that adjustment. Thanks for the logging info. Didn't know how to do what you explained. I will give that stuff a try and see what happens.

Thanks,

Rick

Fuel Injected!
    smooth it out 0.9 with tunerpro 1line at a time from 30- 60 map then 70 to 90 and get another data log.if you use the data trace option it will show witch cell is being populated most of the time it will be 2 cells.then you can fine tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Rally Smith View Post
    I know how to smooth the graph but it will make the VE numbers way off. Rick
    Not true, the values in your VE table interpolate, so raising one cell and lowering one next to it will still give you the BLMs your'e looking for.
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto

Here is one of my older VE tables. No valleys or peaks and no BLM problems.
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS

Fuel Injected!
    They don't smooth themselves..............,that would be to easy
    I apologize sir, just a very poor attempt at humor on my part , no offense intended .

If splitting the log and smoothing doesn't have the desired effect , maybe try adjusting timing in that area ...
    "I tried mediation... I tried medication... Then i realized what i really needed was more Horsepower!"
    - = 1984 Corvette CFI - 700R4 - 7427 $0D - 18psi - ex262H-14 = -

Fuel Injected!
    CFI, no worries brother. I was thinking about timing too. That's what I really want to get to as soon as I can get this damn table correct.

Brian617, as soon as I smooth the table the VE numbers are off by quite a bit. I'm going to do some more logging this weekend and hopefully I can be done with that.
    I'm going to log as you suggested before and see how much more gas I can burn during the process. Climate change is actually my fault from how much logging I have been doing lately!

If your BLMs look good don't worry about it too much, Go ahead and start playung with timing. You find out that changes in the timing map will affect BLM numbers. Work on one for a while, go back and work on the other, repeat and so on.

Fuel Injected!
    10-4

Fuel Injected!
    Ok, I'm happy with my BLM's now. Graph not so eye pleasing but whatever the engine want's, right?
    I'm running the $OD and not sure which spark table to adjust. Can someone help me out with this?
    Thanks in advance and Happy 4th to everyone!

R.S.

Also, on my last drive I show 2553 knock counts... what the crap is up with that?? Any idea's?
    Last edited by Rally Smith; 07-03-2015 at 11:15 PM.

You want to work on the top two on that list. I made mine the same. I worked on the open throttle table and copied and pasted it into the closed throttle table. I am also running $OD. If you but my name in the search you can probably find half a dozen timing tables I posted over the past year. Like brian617 said, when you change the tables, it will change the VE tables so after a bit you will have to go back and work on the VE tables again.

BLG
    My Build: 95 K1500, 355ci w/ OEM roller setup - zero decked, Eagle steel crank, Scat bushed H-beam rods, Speed Pro 2V flat top pistons - Rotating assembly balanced. Dart 165cc Iron Eagle S/S heads - 72cc chambers - 1.94 / 1.50 valves. Isky roller cam - 204/209 dur @ .050 - .480/.496 lift with Comp Magnum 1.6 rockers, Edelbrock 3704 intake - Bored to 52mm - 454 throttle body, Delco EP381 fuel pump @ 18 psi running through 80# 454 injectors. Hedman Headers into 3" Dynomax exhaust.

Fuel Injected!
    BLG355, any suggestion or input on the knock count issue? Also, do I need to change all the stuff back to normal that I had to either disable or turn off when data logging?
    Thank you so much for getting right back to me. I'm sure you have plan's for the weekend.

I've already had several thousand knock counts in a 5 minute log when I was running roller rockers. I'm not exactly sure if there are ways to tune it or filter it out. I'd me more concerned about the ECM pulling timing than the actual counts themselves. I also always get errors during my logs, sometimes 2or 3, sometimes 20. Every time I get an error, it will show something like 4000% IDC or 2000* of timing or it will add several hundred knock counts. If you know what you turned off and want it back on you can. Depending on what you changed you can just leave it until you get dialed in to where you want it.

BLG
    My Build: 95 K1500, 355ci w/ OEM roller setup - zero decked, Eagle steel crank, Scat bushed H-beam rods, Speed Pro 2V flat top pistons - Rotating assembly balanced. Dart 165cc Iron Eagle S/S heads - 72cc chambers - 1.94 / 1.50 valves. Isky roller cam - 204/209 dur @ .050 - .480/.496 lift with Comp Magnum 1.6 rockers, Edelbrock 3704 intake - Bored to 52mm - 454 throttle body, Delco EP381 fuel pump @ 18 psi running through 80# 454 injectors. Hedman Headers into 3" Dynomax exhaust.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by BLG355 View Post
    I've already had several thousand knock counts in a 5 minute log when I was running roller rockers. I'm not exactly sure if there are ways to tune it or filter it out. I'd me more concerned about the ECM pulling timing than the actual counts themselves. I also always get errors during my logs, sometimes 2or 3, sometimes 20. Every time I get an error, it will show something like 4000% IDC or 2000* of timing or it will add several hundred knock counts. If you know what you turned off and want it back on you can. Depending on what you changed you can just leave it until you get dialed in to where you want it.

BLG

Cool, thank you for the heads up. I guess I'm moving on then!
    Have a great weekend!