Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Base Tune or close to spec tune for 0411 SBC406AFR-HSR

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 11:14 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by LRT View Post
    Good job sorting out the fans. The idle speed per the BIN that you are using, should be 800 - 850 RPM at operating temperature (not 620 - 750 RPM); a higher idle speed will help to reduce the "roughness" that the tight camshaft lobe separation angle will cause.You have an AVT cable, Yes ?Do you want to try logging some data using TunerPro to help sort out the idle ? I could provide you with an ADX scanner file to use, and instructions on how to record live data.
    Yeah, sure, thanks.
    I'll set up the car pc this afternoon so we can log, and I'll drain some of the excess out just to see if it makes an immediate difference.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by evilstuie View Post
    Yeah, sure, thanks.I'll set up the car pc this afternoon so we can log, and I'll drain some of the excess out just to see if it makes an immediate difference.
    Hey LRT, Work has been a bit full on so I haven't had a chance to touch the car yet, but on the weekend I'll do some logging and drain some of the oil.

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 11:14 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Hey LRT,
    I got the flash chip adaptor, so I'm good to go with the COS1 tune if you have a copy?
    I was going to get the roadworthy done on the car tomorrow but yesterday afternoon I revved the car to just over 4000rpm to see how it goes and oil started pissing out the front somewhere, I'm guessing either the timing cover crankshaft seal, or the bottom of the timing cover, but it's put a plug in my plans to get it on the road.
    I'm going to have a proper look tomorrow and see what's going on, but if I have to pull the motor to fix it, I'll have a bit of time on my hands to kill with the rebuild so I can use the extra time to learn about the tuning and see what I can DIY before giving the tuners a shot.
    I put the broke .BIN in the other thread in case you wanted to have a look. And I'm still not sure on what/how to byte swap the bin for direct flashing.

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 11:15 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by LRT View Post
    I had started working on the COS 1, but then switched over to trying to get the ADX to work correctly for data logging. Will get back on the COS 1.Regarding the oil leak ....What timing cover are you using ?The original SBC and the later "Vortec" version have slightly different timing cover mounting surfaces. If you are trying to use an OEM plastic Vortec timing cover on an original SBC, it will leak (unless you also use about a pound of silicone sealer !).EFI Connection offers a modified OEM plastic cover for use with a SBC (that should not leak).
    I'm using the EFI connection one on a 400SBC block. We put a fairly liberal amount of RTV sealer on it, but it may have just been a bit too much oil in the pan and pressure blew it out.I'll tool around with the program and see what I can find. I'm still deciding if it would be a better idea to put a SOP socket on the PCM instead of soldering the flash chip back on, but I suppose once the COS1 is on there I can reflash the tune with the Flash tool so long as the OS stays the same.Did you have just a stock COS1 or any COS1 BIN file I can use to load onto the chip and see if I get the PCM working again, then we can flash the tune on when you get the time to work on it?

Fuel Injected!

Fuel Injected!
    Ah ok, no problems. I've got plenty to keep me busy int he meantime haha.Thanks again for all your help with this.

Carb and Points!
    Would either the COS1 or COS3 bins be usable with a 2088 XDF in tunerpro? I have a few car projects that would be real nice to have running on 0411 pcm's. One can run a MAF, the other 2 I'd prefer SD and one of them will be running a 2-Bar MAP. The boosted car runs a 4l80E, the other SD car runs a 4l60E and the MAF car runs a 700R4. I'd like to just use 1 XDF for everything.

So far all my searching has only turned up 2 usable XDF's for 0411 PCM's and nothing for the 1MB p59's yet.

Fuel Injected!

Fuel Injected!
    SUPER DAVE!!! Hello!! I'm looking for a .bin such as the 1999 daily you spoke of, yet I'm unable to locate that .bin. that seems like the 'Seg-swap' for my set up. pretty close to what I have, yet mine is all stock. THANKS!!!!

4x crank trigger?

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Dave!! Hello!! Its a plain jane 2002 express van L31 and I am ashamed to say I do not know right off hand. I will look and find out. Thanks for the response. brb...