Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1994 ZR2 S10 and TunerPro from Winter Wonderland

Electronic Ignition!
    Hi Mark,
    I have the Tunerpro RT package and I sent my donation in and just got my license file.
    I do have my code and I found a few files relating to it in the spreadsheet of ECM code numbers.
    I have a an ALDL cable for awhile and have tried a few different software packages with it but I found the TunerPro and thought it was worth 40 bucks.
    I am trying to figure out how to use the ADX and bin files I found..

Glad to here your a supporter of TP!

Well there is a slight learning curve. May as well start by having a folder with origanals and a set of duplicates to fall back on because you can change your bin, adx and xdf the way you want. You can also mess them up...

TunerPro, File Open Bin. Now your bin is loaded in TunerPro.

TunerPro still open, XDF, select your xdf, it is now loaded in TP.

TunerPro still open, Acqusision, Load Definition file. Now your aqusition is loaded in TunerPro.

Tools, Preferences, General check the box to load your last xdf and bin at startup... I have everything on left side checked, right side your choice, I would leave default for now, then over to Data aqusistion and Emulation and check load last adx at start up. Now you will have your files ready each time you open. Also if you make a change and forget to save it will remind you if you close it. Maybe you were playing and do not want to save?

I also tell guys to right click on tool bar and check all toolbars! Get used to the buttons, they are the same as going through the menu items.

There's a start! HTH!

I'm going to split this thread to GM Injection and we can help you along.

Introductions is really just to say hi and see your a real GearHead... spammers don't stop by here... not for tech stuff...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Electronic Ignition!

Working!!

Well I got everything working and I was able to get a recording of the systems working correctly and then through when the SES light comes on and a few minutes after it lit.
    I have Advanced $0E TP5 v250.xdf and the BJFD-$OE-4.3L-Auto.BIN (not sure if that is correct bin or not)
    What I see change after the SES light comes on is in the EGR area

EGR Duty Cycle drops to 0.0 from a 33 thru 50 range when the SES llight was not on
    Actual EGR Percent drops to 0.0 from a 3 thru 97 range when the SES llight was not on actual and desired follow each other within a few points
    Desired EGR Percent drops to 0.0 from a 3 thru 97 range when the SES llight was not on
    Linear EGR Pintle Position RAW counts drops to 1.0 from the 30's to 190's when the SES llight was not on.

linear EGR valve is new (autozone because Chevy Dealer was not open)
    Truck runs fine and get about normal milage for these trucks 14 - 18 but the damn SES light comes on after it get up to temp and shows error 32 (EGR)
    I have used Motec as well as AEM software before but only on racecars so no emissions crap to worry about or gain any troubleshooting skills with.

BJFD comes back from 1994 16196395 PCM for 4.3L Manual trans in a C1,C2,K2 truck?

Since it is a new EGR from unknown source and who knows quality from AutoZone? It may still be faulty. Passage could be plugged? I am not familar with this pintle type EGR, but others have EGR switch and vacuum lines which are more likely the cause of an EGR error...

Glad your hooked up to TP though!

-= =-

Vintage Methane Ejector
    $0E in a S10? Not unless you have swapped in a 4L80-E. What trans do you have?

Electronic Ignition!
    I Have a 4L60-E
    Here is a shot of the the ECM tags
    https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=EE453...4F3106ADE8!216

When I looked up th BHRH in the BCC lookups sheet here is what it said.

Program ID 0D
    BCC BHRH
    Size 64.00 KB
    Year 1994
    Release Date 34150
    Eprom 16195891
    ECM 16196395
    Prom ID 5892
    Scan ID 5915
    Platform S1
    Engine L35
    Displ 4.3
    Trans M30
    Trans Auto

As you can see from the picture I seem to have two tags on the ECM (eprom update???)so I am trying to figure out how to use Tunerpro5 with my truck. I have most likley overlooked something you are seeing but I have only owned the software for 4 days so I am still trying to figure out how to get my feet on the ground.
    I have the monitor recording and interface working now I am trying to figure out if what I am seeing is accurate? Do I need different file to accurately read the ENGINE monitor functions?
    My Main goal (primary) was just to monitor/record everything running and try to figure out why I keep throwing a error 32 EGR code after the engine gets up to temp.

Electronic Ignition!
    I did see there was a trans 1 and trans 2 file how do I know what they are for? Is there some metadata inside the file describing its intended use?
    Sorry if I am being a dumb A$$ but I can't seem to see the forest for the trees.

Well your other post said you had BJFD... so you gave us wrong info?

But now you say you have BHRH in your truck right? You need $OD files. One for engine, one for transmission and the second transmission is very complicated so just forget it for now. Unless you have a transmission issue.

Read this thread! I am working on making it better for beginners as I help them, read it and ask questions back here. As I remember being a beginner by helping others I will try to improve it!
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...is-a-must-read

Just substitute the example files linked in beginner tutorial with yours. Here is the thread with files you need for $OD. Your lucky, your bin is there too!
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-OD

-= =-

Vintage Methane Ejector
    Yes, you do need to use the correct files. They are here:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-OD

$0D was used in the 6395 and 7427 PCM, with 7427 being the most popular. 99.99% of all info for the 7427 will apply for the 6395 as well.

BHRH is your bin file. It is the program the PCM uses to run the truck.

Advanced $0D TP5 v250.xdf is used to view and modifie the bin.

A217 $0D TP5 v250.adx is used for scanning/dataloging the engine ALDL info and some general transmission functions. This the adx you will use most.

A218 Trans1 $0D TP5 v250.adx is used for scanning/dataloging the transmission ALDL info.

A218 Trans2 $0D TP5 v250.adx is used for scanning/dataloging the transmission adaptive pressure modifier ALDL info.
    Last edited by 93V8S10; 01-04-2012 at 07:17 AM.

Vintage Methane Ejector
    The two tags are common, I don't think it means anything.

Looks like we were posting the same time!

93V8S10 created these advanced files, so give him a thanks! They have propelled this class of PCM into a very popular, tunable, convertible, datalogable EFI system!

-= =-

Vintage Methane Ejector
    And EagleMark created a great place to share that info!

Thanks

Just part of a good team! Glad your here!

So toddah, you hooked up yet?

-= =-

Electronic Ignition!

Thanks for the hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I do have a BHRH, Sorry for the misinformation,Momentary lapse of left side brain function!!!

I want to thank both of you for helping me get a foot on the ground!

So the program ID takes precedent over the ECM number then?

That was my problem I was thinking I had to have a matching ECM number and the programID was secondary. Thanks for helping me understand, just a little dyslexicproblem I guess. Now that I have been looking for a few days I see the same ECMnumbers are used in lots of different vehicles just running different code.

The explanations are just what I needed to get a meaningful start.My main concern originally was just getting the thing talking to the motor andnow that I have that behind me and with your help I think I can see how thefiles fit into the puzzle. I have to admit I was jumping the gun thinking Icould just sort of wade in and load up some files and see what I wanted to see.
    I have to say this is one of the better technical boards Ihave visited (that would be MANY) in that you guys just jumped right in andwithout flaming or belittling you set me on a better path and I hope you willnot have to slap me back on it too many times.
    I won’t get a chance to work on it again until this weekendbut I can get everything setup so I can be good to go on Friday afternoon.Hopefully I can digest it all and see through the fog to find my way.
    I like to use the fog example in working with new techs sothey understand that when you first begin utilizing a new technology ordiagnosing a complex problem it’s like seeing a mountain miles away through thefog and then as you learn more and more it is like the fog is lifting so youcan begin to see all the details you have to understand or traverse to trulygrasp your quest in totality.
    Thanks again guys!!!
    Toddah

Electronic Ignition!

Is this right

So now at the top of my TunerPro Screen it reads:

Tunerpro RT - BHRH 94 S-T Truck 4.3CPI 4l60e.BIN | XDF File - Advanced $0D TPS V250.xdf | ADX File - A217 $0D TP5 V250.adx

All make perfect sense now.

I think I understand but just want to be sure I have it configured right.

OR

Am I due for another correction slap?

Toddah