Thread: Emulation capability stopped

Fuel Injected!

Emulation capability stopped

I have a moates APU1 and the latest tunerpro S/W and I was emulating, accidentally entered an absurd timing number on the timing table and everything died. I tried a lot of things include power down and software reloads. The only way I could get the truck to run again on my back up chip was after completely removing the PCM from the truck for five minutes and then reinstalling it... Then the chip worked...

now i can burn chips but I can't emulate, when I upload the bin to the emulator and do the cross check it fails the crosscheck

any ideas?

john

By absurd do you mean absurdly high? That's odd because there is a scalar that limits maximum advance to around 41 degrees no matter what you put in the tables. The verification of loaded bin against the APU1 failing is odd too. I'd triple check all your settings and if it still doesn't work contact Moates.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadknee View Post
    By absurd do you mean absurdly high? That's odd because there is a scalar that limits maximum advance to around 41 degrees no matter what you put in the tables. The verification of loaded bin against the APU1 failing is odd too. I'd triple check all your settings and if it still doesn't work contact Moates.

I entered 365 degrees and uploaded to emulator and then it died, now if I try to emulate the vehicle goes into limp home mode and can only be cleared by disconnecting the PCM from the vehicle for a few minutes. Then the chip will work as expected. The gauges in the monitor also go whacky, some work and some don't...

I will contact moates... Thank you

john

Fuel Injected!
    Did you get any info from moates. I have a similar problem. I have been emulating for a few months and tried to do a different mask that should have worked. Wouldn't load correctly. Odd blinking of ses. Limp home. Disconnect everything, sometimes works and now won't emulate at all. Reinstalled original chip and all fine so seems car side if things works fine. I am now going to try burning chips. First one didn't work. Will try again with old known good bin. When I burn have only had 1 in 10 attempts that the chip and buffer matched.
    6395, BHDF, 7.4 BBC lightly modded now 6395 BMHM back to BHDF

Is checksum disabled in the bin you're having problems with?

Fuel Injected!
    Any updates on this?

Fuel Injected!
    This is the same sort of problem I am having right now. I will be looking into if the checksum is disabled. I suspect this to be the problem.