Quote Originally Posted by sturgillbd View Post
I do but I don't know if I have the proper adapter for the chip in the 8051. Look at the Willem programmers on ebay. I bought one for about $50 and they have several different adapters for various chips. Have you socketed your PCM yet? I have a Willem PCB50B. It uses a parallel port for the interface so you have to have a PC with a parallel port. Parallel printers are a thing of the past now. If you can tell me what chip you are trying to program, I may be able to program them for you. My LT1 transplant is going to be a future project so I haven't looked at what I am going to need yet.

Brian
Brian

Just want to try it converting the PCM with the PLCC 32 Pin IC DIP Connector and 32 pin chips AN28F512 and AM29F040B. The latter is used in Ford applications.

Waiting for the PLCC 32 Pin IC DIP Connectors to arrive...bought extras if you might need a couple in the future to try. FYI: Tuner Cat will repair the PCM for $25 plus shipping - but just want to experiment.

Spotted those programmers on eBay and may still order one...need to research a bit more.