Thread: Data Jump Glitch in V5?

Data Jump Glitch in V5?

If you were using TunerPro V4 and went to TunerPro V5 a lot of ads files from V4 imported to V5 and saved as adx now have a data jump/glitch.

Here's a link to the fix, it's adding a pause to the Mode 1 data macro, this is where your data comes from. Most just need 20ms some 40ms and one guy was up to 90ms...
    http://forum.tunerpro.net/viewtopic.php?t=2215

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Vintage Methane Ejector
    Also, need to check the body size in the reply command it may need to have 1 added to the value. This may fix the problem without adding the pause.

I've been experimenting with that and found adding that one bit and a pause is sometimes needed? I was helping a guy on TGO and he tried my adx V1, V1.2, V1.3 on a car I did not have hands on and did a great job. It ended at pause, adding the bit and data macro twice! he got stable data!

What he is telling us is in the ALDL file in message reply body size is say 63 payload offset is 3 so that adds to 66. But in the ALDL.ds file it also says data byte 1, this is the controversy! Adding that 1 to make it 67 makes some work stable, no glitch! I found taking it out of the $EE for LT1 made it work.... so the controversy continues... does the extra bit cause a bigger payload offset? Or is it really needed? Or does it cause a pause?

Wish we had a lesson from someone who really knows this stuff, right now each one is an experiment!

-= =-

Interesting. I've noticed that my datalogs will occasionally have a weird spike, too. I just thought it was an ECM hiccup.
    Familiar with 1227747 and 16197427 PCMs

TPV5 is so FAST! You need to add a pause...

-= =-

Carb and Points!
    The 'body size' can be larger than the sum of the 'payload offset' and 'payload size' by one byte due to a checksum being the last byte in the message.

Super Moderator
    i changed the body size in both the 94-95 3100/3.4(RWD) and 90-94 3.1/3.4 masks, solved my problems every time.

it would seem like the ADS importer doesn't account for the checksum at the end of the message.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    If you were using TunerPro V4 and went to TunerPro V5 a lot of ads files from V4 imported to V5 and saved as adx now have a data jump/glitch.

Here's a link to the fix, it's adding a pause to the Mode 1 data macro, this is where your data comes from. Most just need 20ms some 40ms and one guy was up to 90ms...
    http://forum.tunerpro.net/viewtopic.php?t=2215
    that fix tutorial is probably fine for some ads/adx's but others like for the 165 ecm and probably alot of others some of the things in the editor like under commands dont even exist so for us it is useless so just wanted to post this one for those of us that dont have the info he refers to editing. i think it is very good and easy tutorial/video on adding them and easy to fallow... HERE

Super Moderator
    that's basically a video version of the guide i wrote back in 2010....

anyways, i would avoid that method when possible and just add 1 to the body size for the replys, since that has fixed everything i've touched that has had that issue.

Fuel Injected!
    hmm.. ok i could try that as well, is there a benifitor loss from doing it one way over another?

Super Moderator
    not really. doing it via increasing body size by 1 should increase the time between sending requests by the absolute minimum required to not have datastream "collisions". you could eventually work down the pause before resend value to roughly the same amount of time, but this seems more foolproof and less prone to trial/error.

Fuel Injected!
    ok thanks.. good to know there are alternative methods, i will probably test out both ways.