Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting TPV5 to work with 7747

I don't see anyone jumping in here with an answer? But that is what I had to do. It has also been a cure for many others... but it may take all you did above, again, after removing WinALDL... really it should not happen! Right? There's no reason! But you and I are not the only ones. As a matter of fact I would like to know if anyone is running WinALDL and TPV5 on same PC? Where they both work on USB?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    I don't see anyone jumping in here with an answer? But that is what I had to do. It has also been a cure for many others... but it may take all you did above, again, after removing WinALDL... really it should not happen! Right? There's no reason! But you and I are not the only ones. As a matter of fact I would like to know if anyone is running WinALDL and TPV5 on same PC? Where they both work on USB?
    I still have winaldl on my laptop. Back when I first started (and running a 7747), I would datalog with winaldl, save the info, then make the needed changes with tunerpro rt V5.
    I used the autoprom with the little switch on the back flipped for "pass through" mode. I would then flip the switch back after closing winaldl, and then open tpv5, make needed changes then burn a chip.
    I only switched to datalogging with tpV5 when I discoved that you actually COULD datalog with tunerpro rt...lol
    I am still a noob, but back then, I was a super uber noob.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Well, I installed the latest version of TPV5 from tunerpro.net, the V3 adx and xdf from here, and the bin on my son's laptop. It doesn't have WINALDL on it and never has. I took it out to my truck and hooked everything up. Sorry folks Casey struck out again..... My next purchase may be a cable from Moates.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Well that sucks...

What cable do you have?

-= =-

I have a homemade cable I have been using for a while. One of the 2 transistor circuits. It is the only thing I can think of. Perhaps the data levels are to ragged to be detected properly with TPV5, although that does seem to be unlikely. Have you used the ALDLCable.com cable, or do you use Moates?

Both! Regular USB cable from ALDLcables.com and my AutoProm which is used more often, actually always. What I like about the AutoProm is flip a switch and when I start TunerPro it will find it when started, then flip the switch and it is pass through like a regular cable. If TP does not find it when I open it, I close TP and move to other USB port and open TP and it finds it. Consistently! I have three USB ports. But Com 3 will only change between 2 of the 3 USB ports on the laptop.

I got the regular cable to have a back up in case I drop the AutoProm again...

-= =-

Well, I really want an autoprom, just can't afford it right now. I might be able to swing the ALDLcable though. I have 4 refurbished (old) computers I need to get sold, then I will have some spending money. I would like to also get a prom burner, but by the time I get all the things I need (want) I end up spending almost as much as an autoprom. If I go the super cheap route and get a wilheim burner, I can get started anyways. If I can get 25 tax returns in this season, I will buy the AutoProm.