Thread: White top mountain virginia, 12-24-11

White top mountain virginia, 12-24-11

Went to visit my family in southwest VA over the holidays. While up there I decided to go up to white top. My grandparents dont live too far from it, and I hadnt been since I was a kid.
    Took a few pics while I was there, figured I would share them.
    This was mid day, and there was still ice all over everything taller than ankle high. All the tree branches had a ice trails growing off one side anywhere from 1-2 inches long, some even longer. Very interesting.

Ice growing on a tree branch

More ice, very cool looking.

Ice on the backside of a rock.

Now a couple shameless Jeep pics

And last a short video of part of the drive up. I started recording a little over half way up, shortly after the ice started. I took a couple more videos once at the top, I will try to get them uploaded to youtube, didnt have enough time today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cf_P...ature=youtu.be
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing your adventure! About 30 years ago I spent 10 days on a Harley trip from New Jersey and was in Northern Virginia around Seven Bends of Shanandowy (sp?) River! Beautiful!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Great pictures and video! Nice Jeep too!

Administrator
    Nice! That rock is very cool.

I guess we northerners have a bad habit of imagining everything south of PA to be 60 degrees and sunny every day. Kind of makes up for all the days it's 6 degrees and the sun's only a memory. :)

Yea, well, I am back in bama and it was in the 60's yesterday, and its 8:45 am right now and is up to 61 outside. But cloudy, slight chance of rain.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.