Thread: Falling flat...

Fuel Injected!

Falling flat...

I'm running a 95 k1500 TBI setup with tunerpro and an Autoprom. I have turned off the EGR, CCP etc... for data logging the VE tables. I have gotten the majority of the table pretty well adjusted. When I'm at a dead stop and get on it a bit (1/2 - 3/4) throttle it almost dies. I have to let off to get it moving or else it sounds like it's going to to quit on me. Am I too lean or Rich in those cells or is it something else? A push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    R.S.

You probably need more AE. Too much can give you the same result. Does it smoke black when you do that? If not, try adding to the AE vs TPS and see if it improves. Maybe increase everything by 15% or so to start.

BLG
    My Build: 95 K1500, 355ci w/ OEM roller setup - zero decked, Eagle steel crank, Scat bushed H-beam rods, Speed Pro 2V flat top pistons - Rotating assembly balanced. Dart 165cc Iron Eagle S/S heads - 72cc chambers - 1.94 / 1.50 valves. Isky roller cam - 204/209 dur @ .050 - .480/.496 lift with Comp Magnum 1.6 rockers, Edelbrock 3704 intake - Bored to 52mm - 454 throttle body, Delco EP381 fuel pump @ 18 psi running through 80# 454 injectors. Hedman Headers into 3" Dynomax exhaust.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by BLG355 View Post
    You probably need more AE. Too much can give you the same result. Does it smoke black when you do that? If not, try adding to the AE vs TPS and see if it improves. Maybe increase everything by 15% or so to start.

BLG

It doesn't smoke that I noticed. I will try and add to the AE and see if that helps. If not then I will try adding some more fuel to the cells.

Thanks,

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Smith View Post
    It doesn't smoke that I noticed. I will try and add to the AE and see if that helps. If not then I will try adding some more fuel to the cells.

Thanks,
    So what happened? Did you ever solve the issue?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by axisT6 View Post
    So what happened? Did you ever solve the issue?
    I have messed with the AE a bit but have run into other issues that I'm dealing with at the moment. I have a VSS issue I'm trying to troubleshoot. It's erratic so can't just go out and fix it. I have to wait for it to happen again when I can put a meter on the connector wires to see where I'm loosing signal. I will report back when I get back to the original post though.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Smith View Post
    I have messed with the AE a bit but have run into other issues that I'm dealing with at the moment. I have a VSS issue I'm trying to troubleshoot. It's erratic so can't just go out and fix it. I have to wait for it to happen again when I can put a meter on the connector wires to see where I'm loosing signal. I will report back when I get back to the original post though.
    Thanks. Good luck.