Thread: OBD II option deletion questions?

Fuel Injected!

OBD II option deletion questions?

I'm sure this has been gone over and I'm overlooking this in the search menu but I recently got my Jet 14005 program to communicate with my 97 S10 L35 truck. I read the stock calibration and noticed that it already had the VATS disabled but when I was looking into disabling the EGR and the rear O2 or post cat sensor there are a bunch of options for these under constants. Tom or NastyZ told me to keep things simple and don't go wild when turning things off on my 94 454 dually set up and I was curious does one parameter on the OBD II setup override all others? If you set cold egr coolant temp on to 150 degrees C will this kill all the other parameters like map and IAT? Do you need to also set the diagnostic egr temp parameter to 150 C to match? Tom set the EGR delete in the dually file for coolant and then the mph for a backup then turned the code off. Is it just trial and error to find out what to turn off or there is one that overrides all?

With the rear O2 is this done through turning off the CAT overheat protection since the cat is being removed?

I'm sorry if these have been asked and answered I just wasn't finding the info under the search function that was definitively outlining this. All my tuning experience is with standalone stuff that you are not having to delete unwanted factory options.
    Last edited by X-man; 05-24-2015 at 09:21 PM.