Thread: Just stopping in to get started here

Just stopping in to get started here

Hi

I am dropping by to get the tunerpro v5 stuff for the 7747 to try again to get it to work on my 87. I will also use the bin resources you have compiled to do some testing on my truck to see whether or not I have a california bin in my truck. I am pretty good at assembly language coding and hex so this stuff is no mystery. My tuning skills on the other hand are just beginner level when it comes to using the bins to actually make my truck run better. I guess if I had a chip programmer I would be farther along, but alas the budget still is holding me back, but not for too much longer.

Glad to see you stopping by.

dave w

I know you have more knowledge then your letting on, I've seen you on other forums, your being modest.... Glad you stopped by here!

You'll like the $42 stuff, I have a lot of time into the V3 versions including most needed items for data tracing!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I would like it a whole lot better if I could get TPV5 to connect. TPV4 and winaldl work fine, so I know my hardware is all okay. I tried once before to get this working, and gave up. I really want to switch to V5, so I am willing to try again. It just sits and says "DA: Connecting" forever. Any suggestions? I have a 8625 swap ready when I can afford chip burning stuff, hopefully next month. In the meantime, this is my bad weather DD so I can't be messing with it and making it unreliable. Right now I am just doing a lot of datalogging to understand what this engine wants ( besides a new 355 :)) as well as getting better at using TP

I don't know if it is progress or not, but now it sits at connecting for maybe 30 seconds then shows disconnected.

You are sure you are on the right com port? Right ADX?

Start a thread in the right forum and give us info and post up your ADX! I've spent 100's of hours recently learning them and even had success on the LT1 which has been haunting everyone for years... including me as I own an LT1!!!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.