Thread: LT-1 obd2 Brick

LT-1 obd2 Brick

Having a wonderful day, bricked 2 pcms lt1 obd2 After I bricked the first one I went thru the laptop
    reinstalled software etc. read and programed a 512mb pcm called it good and bricked another lt1 pcm
    Had just used the lt1 harness a couple of weeks ago and it was fine. Now I'm stumped as to what it is.
    Relatively new lap top 64 bit windows 7 but have used it before no problem. Or did the bench harness
    go south? It read out the cal just fine so I would think power grds. and serial data would be fine?
    I still suspect the harness. never bricked an lt1 pcm before today any chance it can be recoverd?
    It failed during the write with a windows message ( win-flash obd2 has encountered a problem and needs to close)
    That made me think it was a laptop problem.
    Last edited by T-Rex; 05-23-2015 at 02:49 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    Having a wonderful day, bricked 2 pcms lt1 obd2 After I bricked the first one I went thru the laptop
    reinstalled software etc. read and programed a 512mb pcm called it good and bricked another lt1 pcm
    Had just used the lt1 harness a couple of weeks ago and it was fine. Now I'm stumped as to what it is.
    Relatively new lap top 64 bit windows 7 but have used it before no problem. Or did the bench harness
    go south? It read out the cal just fine so I would think power grds. and serial data would be fine?
    I still suspect the harness. never bricked an lt1 pcm before today any chance it can be recoverd?
    It failed during the write with a windows message ( win-flash obd2 has encountered a problem and needs to close)
    That made me think it was a laptop problem.

i had acorrupt bin file do that to an obd2 lt1 ecm. in fact like you, all 3 i had at the time. i think i read a corrupt ecm, modified it and flashing tat is what did it. I always read an ecm first for this reason.

Chris

Electronic Ignition!
    Little late to the party, but pertinent information:

Had something similar happen with a Jet DST and Windows 7 netbook. After a Windows update I bricked an OBD2 LT1 PCM which then turned into what I refer to as the $150 update. As the story goes: I then found a junkyard PCM to flash only to find that it was actually for a 4.3 Caprice and the DST refused to flash it, but did lock a VIN slot to it (handy). Returned the DST to Jet to have the slot unlocked, which they did for free and no resistance, then sent the two PCMs off to have the memory chips socketed and flashed with LT1 binaries.

I tried flashing again, only to brick yet another PCM. Backdated the netbook to Windows XP and haven't had a problem since. Unfortunately I couldn't find XP display drivers for the netbook so I can't dim the backlight, but it was a small price to pay for reliability. I haven't been daring enough to try Windows 7 again; although I do have the equipment to program the memory chips now should it brick again.

It is a known issue with Jet DST and Tunercats OBD2. The software works in Win7 but it will brick PCMs. There is no driver, setting or solution to fix this. I got this information directly from TC.
    Their advice was to use only Win XP. Since current laptops aren't XP compatible, I am using a virtual machine with Xp SP3 installed, it has worked fine.

Regards.