Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which wide band O2 set up works with Tunerpro RT?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    I have also dropped the AutoProm on concrete twice, no breakage or issues...
    Thats good to know. I have treated my autoprom like a bottle of nitroglycerin since I have had it. It was a nice chunk of change, and I LOVE the thing, I just cant afford another one if I break mine. I treat it well...lol
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Well me too! I enjoy it as well! Beleive me I cringed both times, once was a slow hit as I had a hold on cable, other time was off the roof with the laptop, I caught the laptop and AutoProm slide off and hit full force... not even a chip, been fine for last six months. So not only is it cool, and fun, it's now tested tough... by accident...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Well I figured out what was wrong with my cable and why I got it so cheap. I was attempting to stick the ends of the wires into the serial port and make it work that way. I called and ordered an OBD1 cable with an usb port on the end of it, not the raw wire end. Hopefully it will be here Monday, so I can log like I'm suppose to!!! Told you guys that as soon as tech was introduced I don't understand! The sad thing was that I thought all of you were driving, playing with the laptop while driving and holding the wires into the serial port. I couldn't imagine how to shift then!!!
    1989 GMC V1500
    2002 Chevy Trailblazer
    1988 Dodge Ramcharger

You must have an old laptop to still have a serial port... or you were sticking the wires in a port that looks like serial? But is for external monitor...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-