Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which wide band O2 set up works with Tunerpro RT?

Which wide band O2 set up works with Tunerpro RT?

I'm just starting to get my setup configured and working, I think, well I hope. I am assuming that I would be able to better augment my ability to do what ever I am to do. My question is which wbo2 best works with the tunerpro rt software? I have as of yet been able to see if the cable works, and have not been able to confirm if the laptop usb ports work either, but I am trying to think ahead to the next step.

I worked with Dave W back in august on which computer I have, it's to damn cold for me to go out there and dig around in the glove box to comfirm what the computer number is, I do remember that I couldn't pull it out, but I could read the numbers off of it and read them to him. He sent me a file titled '1227747' inside of that file is a subfolder (I don't know what it's actual name is so that's what I am calling it) I then go to the subfolder marked IO5 (what does that stand for?). Then once in that one I scroll down to the one that is 'anlw5469'. This is the one that I have been playing with for the past 5 months, but I am at a loss of where I am to go, or what to do from here. I mean I know that if I want to install my a modified program on the computer I have to do the soldering thing, which I've never done anything like that before, but that is another post.

I guess I need to recap the questions that are binging between my ears:

1. Which wbo2 sensor is the most comprehensive for tunerpro rt?
    2. What are the codes that hold the programming in the 7747 folder for? (IO5), (anlw5469)
    3. Once I begin getting my own logs, where do I begin to 'read' them at? Is there certian scalars that I should stick to and others that I need to avoid?

Thanks folks
    1989 GMC V1500
    2002 Chevy Trailblazer
    1988 Dodge Ramcharger

It sounds like you are almost ready to go full tilt on this tuning thing. So where to start.

1. get the header installed into you ECM ('7747). You really can't do much besides log data, untill you get that done.

2. Download the correct .XDF, .ADX, and .bin for your ECM. Open those files in TunerPro.

3. The next step depends on what type of hardware you have. If you can only burn chips and datalog, then that is what you do. Make a change, burn a chip, datalog. Repeat until desired results are achieved. If you have the Hardware to emulate, then make changes while running.....

As far as WBO2, I have an LM-1 that I am pretty happy with. The simulated NBO2 output is not real great, but if you put a second O2 bung in then you can run both the factory NBO2 and the WBO2.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbuggy View Post
    3. Once I begin getting my own logs, where do I begin to 'read' them at? Is there certian scalars that I should stick to and others that I need to avoid?
    Everything you need to do to make changes to the .bin is done in TunerPro. The scalars, flags, and tables you need to change will depend on what you are trying to accomplish, or what problems pop up.
    Last edited by gregs78cam; 12-28-2011 at 06:12 AM.
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s

Rarely do I get a ses light, but when I do its the egr code, I'm attempting to get a base line and learn to adapt the system to my 'style' of driving for power plus mileage. So I would need to get the controller and the sensor not just he sensor. Would the tunerpro read the wb sensor along with the other sensor in an understandable matrix for me?
    1989 GMC V1500
    2002 Chevy Trailblazer
    1988 Dodge Ramcharger

Quote Originally Posted by mudbuggy View Post
    Would the tunerpro read the wb sensor along with the other sensor in an understandable matrix for me?
    Well it depends on the hardware you are using for datalogging. If you haven't bought anything yet, I would suggest the AutoProm because it does everything: datalog, read and burn chips, and emulate. It has three Analog-Digital inputs so you can get the WBO2 into the datastream along with the NBO2 that will already be in it.

If you have already bought the harware, let us know what you are using and we can better answer your questions.
    Last edited by gregs78cam; 12-28-2011 at 10:11 AM.

and the 7747 ADX already has three channels from AutoProm already installed along with values in dashboards!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I haven't gotten anything else yet. Honestly I didn't know if I should get the equipment to begin programming or wait on the programming equipment and get more diagnostic equipment to read the motor better, but with Christmas I need to wait a week or two before spending 4-500 bucks.

Eaglemark,
    and the 7747 ADX already has three channels from AutoProm already installed along with values in dashboards
    -I have no clue what you are trying to pass along to me, I know it's english, but I began getting lost at the 7747 after that it might as well be written in german.
    1989 GMC V1500
    2002 Chevy Trailblazer
    1988 Dodge Ramcharger

ok so I just went back up and reread everything again, I not only need tunerpro rt, but I need autoprom? What is the purpose of the autoprom? Not trying to be anal, but call it a service thing, have to identify each piece and it's purpose in the puzzle. My head hurts!!! I just assumed that I could do everything from the tunerpro rt, I guess that is wrong as rain...
    1989 GMC V1500
    2002 Chevy Trailblazer
    1988 Dodge Ramcharger

The AutoProm is an ALDL interface, EPROM programmer and EPROM emulator all in one, plus has those additional input channels to be recorded and viewed along with the ALDL datastream, that have been mentioned.

What this allows you to do is read and program EPROMs, plug into the diagnostic port of the vehicle and emulate the EPROM in the ECM, to make changes to the BIN file while the engine is running.

Personally I prefer the seperates approach, using an Ostrich 2.0, ALDL Xtreme, and a BURN2, you don't get the extra input channels this way though.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

You can download TunerPro RT free and try it out. It has a 10 second nag screen but will always work. So go grab it, load the adx and xdf for $42. I'll post up a datalog for you to so you can load that and PLAY!

We do frown upon people who do use TunerPro and don't pay the cheap low price of $40 someday!!! We want Mark Mansur to continue to work on this software. It already offers more then say other OBDI brands at almost twice the money and then you have to buy each definition TP are free, then another program to datalog and buy another definition... another $120. TP is free... see why we want people to pay $40? Plus you can work on your adx and xdf, it's all customizable! Others your stuck with what is there! Get TPV5RT and the $42 files and look around, don't like it? Change it! I change my monitors when tuning idle, then change when tuning driving. Hint! Always save origanal files and bins somewhere to fall back on...

I think Six Shooter explained it... here's another way. Your ecm has a chip which has a bin file that is adjustable to run car, burned in it per car. TP on one side, XDF (mask) reads the chip in english, no hex code to do. Cable or AutoProm hooks to car and you record data from ECM with TP on other side and the adx (ALDL file) for that car. TP records and plays back data so you can adjust chip with xdf side. Then burn chip with AutoProm or Burn 2. Or with Ostrich or AutoProm you have your chip/bin file on computer running the car and can make adjustements while running RT (Real Time)(DO NOT TUNE AND DRIVE) pull over and change... tune all day with laptop then when done burn a final chip.

So you need a cable to read ALDL data. Burner to burn chip. Software to adjust chip and record data TP does all. Optional emulator Ostrich or one piece AutoProm that does all... if you look at AutoProm it has three spots for extra inputs (wires), most guys only use one for wideband data, so you could run 2 widebands one on each half of V8 if you want.

-= =-

Now I can understand that, thanks. I have the tunerpro rt, I been playing with it since Dave W. got me to understand how to load the 2 files into tunerpro so I can see numbers (the mask and bin???) I'm not sure that I can do it again, but I'll worry about it later. I wish my newer laptop would take the drivers for the cable, but I can use the older laptop for now, or until I can get hold of a dedicated laptop for the tuning.
    1989 GMC V1500
    2002 Chevy Trailblazer
    1988 Dodge Ramcharger

Six Shooter, why do you prefer to do it with multiple systems? I am assuming (yea I am an ass at times, but right now I'm just trying to learn from the guys that I see are WAY above) that having everything on one system means that you don't have to run multiple laptops at once? Can the different programs take the information from the car plug all at once, or do you have to download from multiple systems to get a complete picture? Again, I'm not questioning your approach, I'm questioning your reasoning for the approach, but I can see that one system can have a better way of reading an o2 sensor while another can have a better way to read the tps sensor.
    1989 GMC V1500
    2002 Chevy Trailblazer
    1988 Dodge Ramcharger

Only one laptop. When tuning real time, I have the Ostrich and the ALDL Xtreme plugged into my laptop, logging and making changes. When I program an EPROM, I plug in the BURN2. Usually the other items are disconnected.

I prefer the separates approach for the same reason I prefer separate components in my Home theater or stereo system. Each part has it's own job, and if one part fails, I still have the rest that can be used. FWIW, I have yet to have any of the items I use for tuning fail.

I have also read on more than a few occasions people having issues with logging and emulating using the AutoProm, though recent posts indicate this may be due to certain masks, causing the issue.

I'll also mention that a '7747 ECM also needs the Socket Booster to use the Ostrich 2.0, I'm not sure if the AutoProm needs one or not.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

With the Autoprom everything runs through it into the laptop and all datalogging, emulating, and reading/burning is done in TunerPro. Maybe the following will clear it up a little:
    untitled.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    I'll also mention that a '7747 ECM also needs the Socket Booster to use the Ostrich 2.0, I'm not sure if the AutoProm needs one or not.
    I have never had to use one with my autoprom, and I have emulated lots with my old 7747, and my new 7427.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

That picture sure makes it simple! It forgot burn and install chip too!

AutoProm does not need the socket booster, I've never had an issue Emulating and Data Logging any ECM/PCM, yet... I have same philosophy as Six Shooter with separate components but went all in one here. Very simple for tuning to have one piece for everything. Although I do have another cable to datalog and another burner to do old eprom chips I never use them. I have also dropped the AutoProm on concrete twice, no breakage or issues...

-= =-