Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: coughing, backfiring or hesitation Gen II Lt1

Yes, that is the correct cable " http://www.moates.net/aldu1-and-cabl....html?cPath=64 " It will work. You can verify it if you like by emailing Craig Moates or Dave and checking it out. I use Craig's hardware in my vehicles. He is trust worthy and they respond to all emails pretty quick. support@moates.net

The OBD1 and OBD2 connectors are the same in the 95 and 96 LT1 cars. My car is a 96, it came with an OBD2 PCM. It has the same 16 pin connector that came in 95 LT1 cars. I have a 95 16188051 PCM in my car, running perfectly. It literally plugs right in, no wiring issues. The Knock sensor is different, but you already know to put a 95 LT1 knock sensor in. The other unused circuits can lay dormant or you can remove them from the harness.
    04 Lightning Pullies n Tune CAI
    96 Formula WS-6 m6 383 LE3-Heads/GM847/N2O/ Ford 9" 4:33/Sus Work/Stickies/TunerProRT
    93 K1500 383 LT1 with Low RPM 4x4 torque cam

Electronic Ignition!
    I have an account with alldatadiy.com & I just looked at the 96 Camero OBD-2 connector & I see that it is the same pin out as the 95 Camero OBD-2 connector, so I will definitely order the moates "ALDU! & CABL2 Combo". Thank you for that advise. I can't wait to be able to download the data in my 16188051 PCM & with the help of you guys, I hopefully can get a program loaded into this PCM that will run my LT1 engine correctly! Thank you.

Electronic Ignition!
    Yesterday, I received the Moates ALDU interface. I plugged it into my laptop & windows reported that it needed to download 2 Serial drivers (Good thing I have an internet connection!). Windows downloaded a USB Serial Converter Driver & a USB Serial Com. Port driver. OK, good. So I plug in the Moates OBD-2 plug into the OBD-2 connector in my car & turn on the Ignition. Then I start the TunerPro RT Program. It does not communicate with my PCM, so I look into the TunerPro RT Program's setup procedures & find /Tools/Preferences/Data Acq./Emulation/Interface Type & select "Use plug in" then Data Acq. I/O Plug in component (TunerPro data Acq. & I/O Interfacing) Then a configure Plug-in component Window pops up, asking "Select Correct Com Port". Looking @ windows Device manager/Com Ports, I see that in my laptop, it has assigned the Moates ALDU interface to Com 4 in my computer, so I click on "OK" Now, here is where the real problem starts. The TunerPro RT Program reports "NOT Emulating" "Hardware not Found" "NOT Ready" & "DA Not Connected" Hmmmm, so I start the engine. No difference. Any ideas? I can install the 96 PCM, & connect an analyzer to the same OBD-2 connector, & get data & the car also runs with with the 96 PCM! What now?

Fuel Injected!
    It's not an emulator so it will never emulate and you can't use that cable with an ODBII PCM.

Did you download the correct adx file for Tunerpro? Did you read the Moates help?

Fuel Injected!
    From the Sticky here

"With TunerPro open click View, Toolbars and check them all, these icons are easier to learn then all the others under like Acquisition, Tools etc...

Click Acquisition Load Definition File and choose your ADX for data looging.

Connect cable to vehicle, vehicle running, TunerPro running and Acquisition Start/Stop Data scan or click on the 2 arrows icon up top, also click on the folder icon or Acquisition Show Data Lists and data should show...
    "

Tunerpro doesn't start acquisition automatically when the cable is pluged in ...like most handheld scanners do.
    Last edited by CFI Z51; 06-06-2015 at 05:13 AM.
    "I tried mediation... I tried medication... Then i realized what i really needed was more Horsepower!"
    - = 1984 Corvette CFI - 700R4 - 7427 $0D - 18psi - ex262H-14 = -

Yes, you will need to use and plug in your car (16188051) obd1 PCM to communicate with TunerPro. Take the OBD2 PCM out and forget it for now. They make great door stops... Jus Kidding.

Then if you haven't go here : http://tunerpro.net/downloadBinDefs.htm and scroll down until you see the GM block of definitions. Under Mask ID scroll down about 22 items down and find $EE Thats your mask Id Then move over to the right and download the EE.xdf and over more download the EE_auto.adx or the EE_Manual.adx for which ever trans you need for your car. Depending on which kind of PC and operating system you have will determine the download process you use. My PC is Windows 7 and I right click, then save link as to download on my PC. You will end up with a file that windows doesn't recognize, but TunerPro will.

These 2 downloads you need to place in your TunerPro file on your PC that was created when you installed TunerPro. With those in place you can now use TunerPro to successfully open and manipulate an LT1 file for your car. Also now you should be able to communicate in TunerPro to be able to data log. You still need the WinFlash program to read the .bin file (tune) out of your existing PCM ( the obd1 one ). And then later use it to program your PCM ( OBD1) with your new tune.

But first you need to open TunerPro and select these two files in Tunerpro to get the program set for your vehicle.

Once you open TunerPro in the menu bar across the top click on the "XDF" label. Then select from the menu that drops down "select XDF", this will open a box that is the folder created when you installed TunerPro. Scroll down and find the "EE.xdf" you put in there earlier, find it in the list and click on it to highlight it, then click OK. This will set that Mask Id in TunerPro.

Go back up to the menu bar and select Acquisition, it's 3 over from the XDF you just used. In the drop down menu, select "load definition file" this will open the same folder created by TunerPro used for the XDF above. You won't see the XDF there because now the file it's looking for is the .adx. Select the one you downloaded and placed in TunerPro,( EE_Auto or the EE_Manual). Do the same, highlight and OK it and now your ready to use TunerPro for anything you want to. Except with the 16188051, there is no way to emulate, because the chip inside the PCM is for all practical purposes not removable. So forget the emulation for this PCM.

There is a great tutorial done here to see it step by step. http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/comp...torial-759772/

It's a bit intimidating, but stay with it. It aint that bad.

And yea, it's a good thing you have internet, or you wouldn't be reading this...Ha Ha..

Search out this on You Tube as well. Lots of info there too!

Keith
    04 Lightning Pullies n Tune CAI
    96 Formula WS-6 m6 383 LE3-Heads/GM847/N2O/ Ford 9" 4:33/Sus Work/Stickies/TunerProRT
    93 K1500 383 LT1 with Low RPM 4x4 torque cam

Electronic Ignition!
    Well, I can't quite use the 96 PCM for a door stop yet, because it runs my car much better then the 16188051 does!
    Your explanations are so helpful!
    I just received my 55 Chevy air conditioning kit, so I was studying the many things I need to do to get it installed.
    But, I will download those files You are referring to (Someone else also gave me the link to them! but I was unsure
    how to download them in their native format. Thank again.
    Jerry

Electronic Ignition!

How to Re-Program a 16188051 to stay in open loop @ Idle

Has anyone of you awesome Guys (or Girls) reprogrammed a 16188051 to stay in open loop @ Idle when @ operating temperature?