Hello,
Last december i bought a 79 vandura. Sadly on the way home the 305 engine seized due to a rusthole in the pipe where the dipstick sits. As it was a 79 my logical sence said carbed so i got a 350 (casting 3970010). Finally when the van was towed home a week later and started pulling the engine i noticed it was a 305tbi. Further searching told me that the van has its European vin replaced for a 79 but the van itself was actually a 87. (The wiring for the efi is incorporated in the loom.
So i got two choices. 1is stick to carb or 2 fit the tbi system to the old gen 350. I choose the last.
I been browsing for months on end to read up on it.
And all i need still is the esc module, knock sensor and a proper chip. I also did some mode on the system. (Made the fuelpressure adjustable, removed the ridges on the throttle body, put copper bushings on the butterfly valveshaft, salad bowl mod combined with a dual ram air system, teflon injector riserspacer. Machinesthe 4 centerbolts on the intake and made wedges to pick up the slack. 3wire oxigen sensor).The ECM is the classic 1227747. All sensors and controllers i have so far are 350 specific. Iets mainly these last 3 parts i cant vind here as it seems most chips i ran into in europe are the memcal type or v6 .The tranny is still a th400. I want to use a eeprom type chip for future mode like vortec heads camshaft. Boring out the TB to 46mm. If you need any more info just ask and i will reply asap.
Thx out front.