Thread: Chip tuning service question

Fuel Injected!

Chip tuning service question

Hello been burning chips for 2 weeks and engine still won't idle. I'm throwing in the towel
    Can anyone give me suggestions on any good chip tuning services I can contact for a good tune for my 383 stroker? Thanks

Whats it doing? Can you post the tune and a data log?

Don't give up, learn.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Pedal View Post
    Whats it doing? Can you post the tune and a data log?

Don't give up, learn.....
    I agree! Don't give up. But more info than just "still won't idle" would help. Is it surging, idling fast, too slow, rich, lean, running a while and dying . . .??? That will help those reading your post and may indicate a problem that's been prevoiusly solved. Also, posting injector and cam specs with an idle issue is helpful because they can be part of the problem. FWIW.

Electronic Ignition!
    I'm in the same boat. In my case is seems that the engine is hunting, idles up and down, stalls often and seems to be running rich. I have a 1987 Corvette, auto trans, 383 stroker, 30 over, BBK adj. fuel reg., mild cam, long headers, 2-1/2" exh., BBK TB, PerTronix flame thrower HEI coil. I think that I need a starting point such as a performance BIN to build off of. I really need help with this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987 C-4 Corvette View Post
    I'm in the same boat. In my case is seems that the engine is hunting, idles up and down, stalls often and seems to be running rich. I have a 1987 Corvette, auto trans, 383 stroker, 30 over, BBK adj. fuel reg., mild cam, long headers, 2-1/2" exh., BBK TB, PerTronix flame thrower HEI coil. I think that I need a starting point such as a performance BIN to build off of. I really need help with this.
    Whats the KPA like at idle? Timing? Mind posting the tune?

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks for the reply Skinny Pedal. If KPA is referring to the Manifold Absolute Pressure, is at 2.41. I have the timing set at 6 deg. adv. If you have TunerPro, I can PM you the BIN that I'm running. I posted a short data log on youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvRq...ature=youtu.be and a screen shot below.

Attachment 9406

1987 C-4, your car doesn't use a MAP sensor, so that value is a best guess by the ECM based on airflow.

You need to adjust the MAF tables in order to correct fueling. I'm not real familiar with MAF based systems so I can't really give you any solid pointers on where to start with that.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Administrator
    The first place to check is injector constants and corrections. Ensure the fuel delivery at the current pressure matches the values in the calibration.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    The first place to check is injector constants and corrections. Ensure the fuel delivery at the current pressure matches the values in the calibration.
    1project2many, Where do I find that info. in TunerPro?