Thread: Batch fire/Single Bank Fuel on 0411 possible

Fuel Injected!

Batch fire/Single Bank Fuel on 0411 possible???

I know, I know the big question is why.....Well lets just say a Marine whipple has 8 injectors located in the rear bulkhead of the air inlet rather than the intake manifold and I have a feeling trying to run the sequential setup with bank dependent fueling could cause for some interesting issues.

Whipple advertises a 50% power gain from idle to redline on the 300 HP 350 Magnum marine engine. My setup should make more power on less boost! Thats over 450 HP and 500 TQ with a 196/206 @ .050 cam and iron Vortec heads on pump gas and peak HP is available UNDER 5,500 rpm.

https://whipplesuperchargers.com/ind...product_id=143

I keep finding these either new in box or used and I finally found someone that owns one that is going to get me some measurements of overall height.

I plan to also use a Super Chiller to feed the intercooler with nice cold water year round. Its basically a heat exchanger that ties into your A/C system to provide the intercooler with chilled water in the hottest weather.

http://killerchiller.com/

I figure after the 1-ton suspension swap, 2" suspension lift, custom 2" body lift and 33s or 35s the Express van is going to need all the low-midrange torque I can get, especially climbing into high altitudes with a trailer.
    Last edited by Fast355; 05-14-2015 at 07:32 PM.

Administrator
    I think the SC will be a great addition. I believe you're on the right track. My experience with Whipple on an engine with $2k worth of port and valve work was that their auxiliary fuel controller was not programmed for the additional airflow required by the non-stock engine and that Whipple was not interested in helping the owner get correct fueling. They suggested he return the vehicle to stock condition.

I may not be understanding this phrase correctly:
    trying to run the sequential setup with bank dependent fueling
    But the pcm will switch to non-sequential fueling when the cam sensor is disabled. Disabling the cam sensor in an 0411 van does not result in no-start or stall. In the black box code I was not able to locate a way to enable batch in software while keeping the cam sensor needed for accurate misfire detection. Maybe it's easier to work out in the 0411?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    I think the SC will be a great addition. I believe you're on the right track. My experience with Whipple on an engine with $2k worth of port and valve work was that their auxiliary fuel controller was not programmed for the additional airflow required by the non-stock engine and that Whipple was not interested in helping the owner get correct fueling. They suggested he return the vehicle to stock condition.

I may not be understanding this phrase correctly: But the pcm will switch to non-sequential fueling when the cam sensor is disabled. Disabling the cam sensor in an 0411 van does not result in no-start or stall. In the black box code I was not able to locate a way to enable batch in software while keeping the cam sensor needed for accurate misfire detection. Maybe it's easier to work out in the 0411?
    What I was talking about is the supercharger has fuel injectors spraying into a common plenum above the rotors. Running the injectors sequentially and not directly feeding their respective cylinder and relying on both bank 1 and bank 2 fuel corrections might make for some interesting tuning issues is all I was saying.

The auxiliary fuel controller is one reason I am glad I have the 0411 and external injectors. If you ever run across that scenario again, Split Second has some nice products to handle running supercharged engines with stock ECMs. I had a 2003 Dodge Dakota 4.7 with the NGC1 controller that virtually could not be tuned a few years back and had a Split Second PSC1-003 on it and used a "Canned" tune from a Superchips programmer to optimize the stock tuning as best as possible. Ended up running 218/224 cams, solid lash adjusters, ported heads, JBA shorty headers, a 2008 intake manifold and larger flex fuel injectors on the truck. With the PSC1 I could send a modified MAP signal to the factory PCM that had a rather large lookup table that was real time tuneable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LutcPUvgcJk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciDFZahmEUc

Running the larger injectors I was able to accurately fuel the engine up to 6,800 rpm.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1_xHMvoW48

Fuel Injected!
    you really want it like TBI one injection event every ref pulse so as to not get intake charge with no air pockets without fuel. sequentials probably the closest youll get on 411 unless theres a factory TBI setup with one LOL .turn the o2's off and go open loop and tune away

Administrator
    Running the injectors sequentially and not directly feeding their respective cylinder and relying on both bank 1 and bank 2 fuel corrections might make for some interesting tuning issues is all I was saying.
    Ok, thanks. That's what I'd read.

The auxiliary fuel controller is one reason I am glad I have the 0411 and external injectors. If you ever run across that scenario again, Split Second has some nice products to handle running supercharged engines with stock ECMs.
    Nice to know. Sounds like a fun truck. The Whipple project was a *few* years ago... maybe 2002? The 8.1 was still a new engine to the truck family and IIRC there was no tuning software available for that engine.