Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1993 Corsica 2.2 liter Stalling when cold

OK I found we were using A167.adx

What is the mask for your bin?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

A167.adx. My version is in the .zip file. That way you will see what I was looking for in the monitors.

I haven't found a bin file. I remember you looking for a bin file, but you could not find.

I am into scanning only. Just looking for comments on the egr values.

I know it must all be confusing with all the threads you answer. I'll try to keep this in mind.

Robert
    Last edited by historystamp; 01-07-2012 at 02:05 AM.

I'm still looking and EGR seems fine. But when you stall the battery voltage is only 11.? and pins 0 on restart, then glitches it's way back up to 14ish with altenator charging. So I do think you have a weak battry.

Still looking at your log. Did a bunch of work on it so when you get it back it will be nicer to use!

-= =-

Don't think what you noticed above was anything that was not supposed to be there, EGR looks to be working fine.

Battery voltage low.

But your always LEAN! Need to change a fuel filter maybe and check fuel pressure. How many miles on this? If a lot may need fuel injectors serviced or run some good injector cleaner through a tank of gas. Something is making you lean all the time. You've even got a Code set for lean O2! I don't know much about vehicle but could be old O2 sensor too. But it's all lean.

Saw you did some monitor work and dash boards so I added a few more dash boards for you, just right click and choose what you want in that spot.

Also added some list views. One Engine data, One error codes. One switches for bitmask items that change. And the original with everything! Also expanded the MAT lookup table so temps will be more accurate, had 20 spots now 39. Made all the error codes say OK or ERROR and stuff like that.

Had a toe surgery so have plenty of computer time next few days till I can walk again and all my computer work is caught up! HTH!
    Attached Files Attached Files

-= =-

Thanks a bunch. You been busy. I've been reading your other posts.

Robert

Your welcome, thanks for giving me something to do!

I'm not supposed to walk on this toe surgery for 5 days! Don't like TV that much...have insomnia so I don't sleep much... so I've been a blabbermouth on da net... I actually finished reading the internet yesterday...

-= =-

1993 Corsica 2.2 liter (VIN 4) LN2 carline with 130000 miles.

I have been working on reducing the hesitations and stalling with my Corsica. The problems haven't seem to have gone away. The problems seems to be moving around.

Replaced the battery. Battery went to almost 0 volts when starting the car. With new battery, car voltage goes to 8.0 volts. Unfortunately, voltage measured at battery without car running is only 11.8 volts. Plan on using external charger to try to get to 12.6 volts.

Replaced O2 sensor. Monitor on O2 sensor looks different. No longer going to zero. Mostly between .1 & .8 volts.

Cleaned IAC & EGR valves the best I could.

About the fuel pressure.....................

The car run fine when I am driving down the interstate. I would think the fuel flow would be a problem when fuel consumption is high.

My driveway goes uphill. When my car is at below 1/8 of a tank, my car will not start. Have to use gravity to let my car roll to street. Starts then. I noticed the problem three years ago.

I'll try to get another run in today with TurnerPro. Will do another round of vacuum checks.

Robert

1993 Corsica 2.2 liter (VIN 4) LN2 carline with 130000 miles.

Summary:
    replaced battery
    Used digital voltmeter to check voltage. Read correctly at 12.6. TurnerPro reports lower voltage (11.8v) than what GMDriver saw with his digital voltmeter.
    Noticed that voltage is going to zero 2 seconds before car starts. Just after battery replacement was going to 8v. Old battery volts went to zero when start. Like with old battery.

Replaced O2 sensor. We saw changes in O2 graph lines. Seemed to make sense to us.

GMDriver replaced air temperature sensor. Near air filter.

cleaned IAC

Took IAC off car but connected electronically. Ran car in driveway. Saw movement with IAC probe.

cleaned EGR. Seems to move easier by hand than before cleaning.

EGR gasket is missing! Must have been this way for years. Will order a new one.

With car in driveway & EGR type N, GMDriver pressed Metal "frisbee" underneath. Engine speed slowed by sound. Expected. Passed.

GMDriver sprayed carburetor cleaner fluid around throttle body gasket. No change in engine sound.

Did another engine run. Engined stalled twice.

16Jan1stTestDrive.xdl

start car :35

slowing for speed bump 3:20
    past speed bump 3:36

car stalls out just after speed bump.

Start car 4:16

stalls -- second speed bump. 5:05

start 5:42

second log if interested. We droive around at 40mph.
    /16Jan2ndTestDrive.xdl

Robert
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by historystamp; 01-18-2012 at 10:58 PM.

So stop hitting speed bumps!

You did say you can't start car low on gas. Put half a tank in and see if speed bump is sloshing gas from pickup? Or is speed bump knocking something electrical loose?

Your still running lean in second data log, what's the fuel pressure? Injectors need service? Is this a daily driver? Run some injector cleaner through a tank of gas and do some WOT runs.

Really don't see anything wrong other then lean?

-= =-

So stop hitting speed bumps!

I wasn't livi' here when the bumps grew out of the pavement. Get five of your neighbors to sign a petition to impede the neighbors you do not like.

You did say you can't start car low on gas. Put half a tank in and see if speed bump is sloshing gas from pickup?
    The amount of gas in tank doesn't seem to make a difference.

Or is speed bump knocking something electrical loose?
    I've gone over the bumps at the end of the drive in the same direction. Car seems to take the bumps OK then. I drive them slow anyway. It's more on the accelleration after taking the bumps.

Your still running lean in second data log, what's the fuel pressure? Injectors need service? Is this a daily driver? Run some injector cleaner through a tank of gas and do some WOT runs.

Really don't see anything wrong other then lean?
    It's my daily driver. I'll try the cleaner. And, see about getting a pressure gauge.

Robert
    Last edited by historystamp; 01-19-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Good injector cleaner! I use... it's in a black bottle, has pictures of before and clean valves after picture around handle... I beleive Chevron. Works good, not the cheapest though. One can and one tank showed differnce in data logs...

-= =-