Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opening New TunerPro Instance BUG?

This would be a pain to set up but...

You could run a separate copy of Windows on your pc. You would run the second copy of TurnerPro in the second copy of windows. Both copies of Windows would run at the "same" time. The second copy of windows appears in a window. Since you would be running the second copy of Turnerpro in a virtual box, there wouldn't be any interference between the copies of Turnerpro.

Get Virtual Box. Install Windows in the virtual box.
    https://www.virtualbox.org/

It's not as bad to use as trying to understand all the technical terminalogy on the web page.

Robert
    Last edited by historystamp; 02-22-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Although a good idea I have enough issues with one Windows!!!!!

I have dasktop and laptop so I can run two TunerPro RT. the new instance really helps when working on 2 adx files and can cut and paste from one to another, same with XDF. But as my last post decribes, I don't think this is a new instance issue anymore? I think it is an adx issue and some kinf or virtual memory used by TP. Because the changes are there in notspad, but when I open same file in TP they are not?

Mark at TP emailed me as to location of ADX and XDF files stored and they should not be in program file with TP. Mine are not.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

There was some difficulty I ran across when you took the opportunity inside of TurnerPro to save an adx file with a new name. I'd expect TurnerPro to continue working with the new name, but it continued working with the old name & the changes made were lost.

This may have had something to do with being in monitor. Adding a new line of data. Going to adx edit. Making some changes to color of line. Then, changing the name. Happened twice.

Of course, I stopped using save as a new name in TurnerPro rt 5 for adx.

I've been meaning on trying to narrow this down.

Robert
    Last edited by historystamp; 02-23-2012 at 12:20 AM.

But when I saved with new name, new file changes were done in notepad, old file was still same in notepad. But when opened new file in TP changes were not there?

I can't stop saving as new name because I work on to many files and want origanal! If I only worked on one car I would never have this issue...

-= =-

Mark at TunerPro said we may have found 2 separate issues. He has been able to duplicate separator test fail once but when he added a debugger it would not fail, but he saw it and is working on it.

He informed me there is no cache in TunerPro! So my guess there was wrong. My files are saved outside TunerPro Program Files so that is right. Sent him the adx files I was having issue with so he can test them exactly in process I did trying to duplicate the issue.

Nice to have this kind of support in software!!! Thanks Mark Mansaur!

Anyone running TunerPro without paying the small fee of $39 for this kind of top end customizable software?

Shame on you! Pay up!

-= =-

We did find 2 issues with TP. Seperator issue was unknown but can't be duplicated in next updated version of TP already being worked on!

My version I was entering was to long and that is fixed in next update of TP.

No date set for next TP update version.

Thanks Mark at TunerPro!

-= =-