Thread: G3 adapter with 27sf512 chip

Fuel Injected!

G3 adapter with 27sf512 chip

Hey guys, trying to find some info, my latest project is a vortec 350 into my daughters 76 camaro. bone stock(freshly built,align bored/balanced) vortec 350,performer rpm intake with 95 454 tbi on top. 16197427, 700r4.ect. anyways, i have a g3 adapter from moates (the plan is to have a tune for me, and a "detune" for the kid) but until i get the system lined out the plan was to use the g3 in "passthru mode" with a 27sf512 chip. the problem (may not be a problem) is when i burn a chip with the autoprom, it verifies and all is good. i attempted to just put the chip into the dip socket on the g3 (no zif) and burn via a hdr1. this burns, but when i verify it comes out mismatched. (using the same offsets as i was just putting the chip into the autoprom) i have now added a zif socket to the mix to be able to take the chip out easier, but cant put the cover on the pcm....... is there any reason the chip won't program via the g3 adapter and hdr1? im just afraid if it won't verify in the adapter via tunerpro, that it won't work "in the car". I didn't have any problems on my last project using a superchips adapter with the hdr1..... i don't have the rest of the car done yet, just trying to get my ducks in a row if ya will.... any help appreciated
    (pics show how i have the g3 set up now.)

also, i really want to use a 4l60e trans, but the one i have is out of a 97, what changes would need to be made so the 95 pcm could run the 97 trans?

thanks all Skandolis.......
    Attachment 8979Attachment 8983
    Last edited by skandolis; 05-05-2015 at 05:06 PM. Reason: My bad spelling...........

Fuel Injected!
    I've done this a hundred times in the past month. Sick of it. But anyway....make sure that the hdr1 plugs into the g3 properly. It doesn't plug into the very end of the g3. You have to skip the first pair of holes in the g3. Take a good look at the circuit on the g3 and you'll see what I mean...hope it's that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by jay72 View Post
    I've done this a hundred times in the past month. Sick of it. But anyway....make sure that the hdr1 plugs into the g3 properly. It doesn't plug into the very end of the g3. You have to skip the first pair of holes in the g3. Take a good look at the circuit on the g3 and you'll see what I mean...hope it's that easy.
    This should be it, the G1 is the same way.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks guys, im sure that's what the problem is, seems like when i was trying to get it working and looking at the g3 i noticed the circuit, but was afraid to plug in that way for fear of smoking a chip.(for some reason i absolutely knew it plugged into the very end......) hope i didn't screw it up anyways. can't test it till i get to the house this evening.

Fuel Injected!
    I had to update to tune 1,001 so I took some pics.
    Hope these help and your problem is as easy as this.

Fuel Injected!
    Hey guys, finally got it! still didn't work when i tried it as shown, so i got to looking a little closer. the pins on the HDR1 were just a little too wide to make contact in the zif socket of the autoprom,(didn't quite sit flush) would tell me chip erased, but fail blank check. when i bent both banks slightly inwards toward each other, it made contact and burned/verified a chip with my starter bin. hoping for a startup sometime next weekend. Thanks so much!