Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with bin file

I believe your engine is ok mechanically. The vacuum being lower than stock is more than likely because of the cam. With the lower vacuum signal, the ecm thinks the engine is under load and it is adding more fuel. On the screen grabs I posted, notice the idle vacuum likes to hang around 45kPa. I believe you need a good tune. One thing to ask the previous owner is if he had the injectors serviced before you acquired the car. If it sat that long, there may be some "varnish" from where the injectors sat with stale gasoline in them. The smoke coming around the throttle shaft means there is some wear there. The smoke coming out the middle is probably coming out the IAC passage where the IAC valve was open for the next start.
    Hope this helps
    Brian

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks for the input...it does help. I don't believe he pulled the injectors, just ran some inj cleaner through the system but I will see if he remembers. Could the same be true for the fuel pump? He said he dropped the tank, cleaned it and installed a new filter.

i was wondering what to do about the injectors since I don't know what they are for sure or how good they are performing. Someone else suggested I use a cleaning procedure they saw a video for which includes hooking up a 12v supply and connecting a syringe sealed with an o-ring to the injector filled with inj cleaner and fuel. I have also heard of getting them matched. Someone on a Fiero forum suggested I go with 21lb ford injectors as they would be well matched for this setup.

It would be better to start tuning with clean, known good injectors. How long does it take for the fuel pressure to bleed off on the rail after the fuel pump cycles on then off? Here is an article that has the pressures and the bleed down info. http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/130...fuel-pressure/ I own a factory service manual for the 1991 camaro but it is loaned out at the moment. From what I remember in reading the manual, the article link info is fairly accurate. Should be around 43 with pump running and engine off. It shouldn't bleed off pressure very fast. If it is bleeding off pressure too quickly, an injector or injectors are leaking into the ports or the internal fuel pump check valve is leaking back into the tank. You already said you pulled the vacuum line off the regulator and no fuel came out. One other possibility is the regulator seat area is dirty and allowing fuel pressure to bypass down the return line. Vehicles being parked for a long time is hard on the fuel system components. All of these issues should be addressed before tuning. Make sure the ignition system is in good shape. Inspect plugs, wires, dist cap and rotor. Replace as needed.

Electronic Ignition!
    That's a great link, I will check for leaking as the fuel pressure bleeds off to around 5-10psi after 5 mins.

Doesn't my temps seem low? I know it has a 4-core rad and the fan is wired to always run. It does go into closed loop so maybe it's fine.
    Last edited by pardegt; 05-02-2015 at 04:50 PM.

Electronic Ignition!
    I was just doing some reading on injectors and now wonder if these 19-22lb injectors I have are too small. This link http://mustangpartstech.com/FuelInjectorMath.html seems to indicated I should run 30lb but other reading I have done seems like people go a lot with the ford 24lb.

As for the previous question about temps... In that log, the coolant temp sensor shows between 200 and 212F for the majority of the log. Injector size needed is going to be determined by the HP the engine makes. There is a calculator here http://www.witchhunter.com/injectorcalc1.php . The LT1 engines I have came with 24lb injectors. 5.7 LT1 engines were rated around 275-300 HP. 5.7 TPI engines were rated between 230-250 HP as stock.

Electronic Ignition!
    Huh...okay cool on the temps...when I glanced at the screen a few times while driving it showed 98 degrees. Maybe it was in C. Temp gage in the car never climbs above 100 but I'm not sure it's reading correctly.

Yeah, not knowing what the hp of my engine really is, I'm now guessing 21 or 22 lb is probably a good fit.

Here is a screenshot of the dash with your log playing. I am quite surprised you haven't viewed your own log data in TunerPro.
    Last edited by sturgillbd; 05-03-2015 at 03:04 PM. Reason: forgot attachment :)

Electronic Ignition!
    I guess I'm still learning and trying to figure it out. When I tried to look at the dashboard before it didn't give me any data so I just played it on the default screen. I will work with it more as I didn't have much time this weekend other than to find out I have a dead battery.
    Last edited by pardegt; 05-05-2015 at 04:28 AM.

Electronic Ignition!
    How do you get the dashboard to look like that? Mine just shows throttle position voltage...probably the default I imagine.

Im probably using a better defined adx file than you are. This one has a lot of improvements in it by JeepsandGuns. I found it in one of the threads here a while back when I was helping a buddy on his rock crawler.

Electronic Ignition!
    I should be getting my Burn2 and adapter in the next day or so to capture the bin on the chip I have.
    Last edited by pardegt; 05-06-2015 at 06:49 AM.

Electronic Ignition!
    Ok, I pulled the memcal am now trying to figure out how to plug into the HDR1 adapter and then into Burn2. The memcal has a single long header that is twice as long as the adapter. Burn2's soocket is also longer that than the adapter. I'm not sure how it all goes together.

The blue cover on the memcal does have writing on it saying axcn modz - vats, egr detele.

The HDR1 plugs in on the Eprom side of the memcal. I just use header pins to read the memcal but it connects the same way. Hopefully these pics will help you out. The notch end of the eprom is towards the outside of the memcal.

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks...got it...I attached the bin from my chip.

I downloaded the vette AXCN bin from the $8D thread but can't seem to get it to show me the comparison. I think I may have turned off a view and can't seem to get it back as the left side of the screen, the parameter tree, is blank. I remember there being a bunch of data there when I first installed tunerpro and was playing with it.
    Last edited by pardegt; 05-11-2015 at 07:44 AM.