Thread: Help with bin file

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!

Angry Help with bin file

I am trying to read the bin on the 7730 that is running a 350 TPI in a fiero I purchased. It is running rich (smell fuel at start up, black smoke, etc) and I want to see what the parameters are associated with afr. Previous owner indicates chip was reprogrammed by someone at some point. EGR has been deleted.

I'm a newbie at this but have tunerpro, winflash (trial), and an aldl cable. I'm not sure I can use winflash to read the bin since it has a separate memcal.

I recorded some data and included it here.

Thanks for your replies.
    Last edited by pardegt; 04-25-2015 at 09:12 PM.

To read the bin file on the 7730, you will have to have a chip programmer such as a Moates Burn2 and a memcal adapter such as a Moates HDR1. If the memcal has been modified with a flash chip, these two pieces are all you need. If your memcal still has the UV erase type EPROM, it is much easier to start tuning if you have the adapter in the third link. I will try to look at your log tomorrow.

https://www.moates.net/burn2-chip-pr....html?cPath=94
    https://www.moates.net/hdr1-memcal-header-p-52.html
    https://www.moates.net/gp1-package-g....html?cPath=64

Hope this helps
    Last edited by sturgillbd; 04-26-2015 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Left out tuning

I just loaded and played your datalog. Are you sure this is a 7730 ECM. If so, what is the 4 letter BCC code on the memcal? ( ie AUJP?)

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks sturgillbd. I will check on the memcal for the code...I take it has this printed on it? The ECM is one the previous owner installed from spareECM.com and it clearly says it is a 7730 on a case sticker. They were having a lot of codes thrown with the original Fiero ecm so they pulled their burned prom and put it in this 7730 they purchased thinking it might help...it did not.

They then put in a painless wiring harness thinking the spliced up one from the transplant tpi might have developed a short but issues still remain.
    Last edited by pardegt; 04-28-2015 at 12:55 AM.

Does the check engine light flash really fast when the key is turned on? If so, it is a problem with the program on the memcal. Pull codes by bridging A and B pin on ALDL and count code flashes on the Check engine light with key on engine off. It may be in limp mode and it will run pig rich in limp home mode. Look for a 51 code. Here is the list of DTC codes http://www.troublecodes.net/GM/90-91_578/

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks, I'll check...it has an aftermarket check engine light next to the aldl connector.

Here's a pic of the memcal and ecm. Appears it is an AXCN memcal which is what I believe came on the stock vette 91 tpi and is what the previous owner said this tpi is from .

Attachment 8939

Attachment 8940
    Last edited by pardegt; 04-28-2015 at 04:00 AM.