Thread: Hello from TX!

Hello from TX!

Hello all,

I was searching for some old bins, and ran across this site. It looks like a good resource for the older EFI.

I'm trying to finish a project I wanted to start in high school in the late 80's, but didn't get around to until 2004 or so!! It's a TPI setup in a Monte Carlo. I was able to get to the point of starting it in 2008, but a last minute move put that on hold until last month (yeah, about 6 years it sat in storage!!) when I was able to get it out of storage. I know its been done a thousand times by now, and I'm behind the times with all of the LS swapping going on, but I'd like to see this one through to completion before I give up on it. I'm in the process of finding all of the bins and stuff to move forward.........

I have it running now at least!!

Anyway, I'd guess I'm a gear head like most of you guys.... I've had several Monte Carlos, SS' too. I have two now, and a '78 T/A that is sitting in storage waiting for the engine I was going to put in it in 1992!! (life happened, I got married and had kids........I promised my old hot rods I wouldn't forget them. I plan to keep that promise.)

Great site!!!

Scott.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroSS View Post
    Hello all,

I was searching for some old bins, and ran across this site. It looks like a good resource for the older EFI.

I'm trying to finish a project I wanted to start in high school in the late 80's, but didn't get around to until 2004 or so!! It's a TPI setup in a Monte Carlo. I was able to get to the point of starting it in 2008, but a last minute move put that on hold until last month (yeah, about 6 years it sat in storage!!) when I was able to get it out of storage. I know its been done a thousand times by now, and I'm behind the times with all of the LS swapping going on, but I'd like to see this one through to completion before I give up on it. I'm in the process of finding all of the bins and stuff to move forward.........

I have it running now at least!!

Anyway, I'd guess I'm a gear head like most of you guys.... I've had several Monte Carlos, SS' too. I have two now, and a '78 T/A that is sitting in storage waiting for the engine I was going to put in it in 1992!! (life happened, I got married and had kids........I promised my old hot rods I wouldn't forget them. I plan to keep that promise.)

Great site!!!

Scott.
    Scott

Welcome! Sounds like a fun little project you have there. I always wanted an 85-88 Monte Carlo SS. I always liked the Tuned Port Injection since the first time I saw it under the hood of a 1985 Iroc-Z. I put a TPI in my 1983 G20 Van. Was a fun build.

Yeah, I always wanted a TPI Monte. I don't know at this point if I will finish it to completion. I kind of want to sell the Monte now with a carbed engine in it and put the TPI in something else. I've got too many projects, and having two Monte Carlos is too much. My 87 Aero SS is going to stay for sure. I also have a 78' T/A in great shape, so I'm going to have to decide who stays and who goes, no matter how painful.....................

On another note, you guys have a great site here, with tons of information.

Fast, Aren't you a member over on Thirdgen, or GM Truck Central? I think I've got some info from you on one of the two, or MontecarloSS?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroSS View Post
    Yeah, I always wanted a TPI Monte. I don't know at this point if I will finish it to completion. I kind of want to sell the Monte now with a carbed engine in it and put the TPI in something else. I've got too many projects, and having two Monte Carlos is too much. My 87 Aero SS is going to stay for sure. I also have a 78' T/A in great shape, so I'm going to have to decide who stays and who goes, no matter how painful.....................

On another note, you guys have a great site here, with tons of information.

Fast, Aren't you a member over on Thirdgen, or GM Truck Central? I think I've got some info from you on one of the two, or MontecarloSS?
    Chevytalk, Thirdgen, GM Truck Central, and occasionally ruffle feathers on Fullsize Chevy and Performancetrucks.net.