Thread: Where Do I Find the Error Codes?

Carb and Points!

Exclamation Where Do I Find the Error Codes?

I've spent many an hour working with different programs to use my OBD1.5 cable (16-pin http://www.aldlcable.com/) I bought in order to read the error code relating to my check engine light on my 95 Buick LeSabre. I set up TunerPro RT with $5B6.xdf and $5B6.ads (converted to $5B6adx using TP TR). I ran the scanner on my car and got a log file that is telling me my alternator is faulty and telling me "ERROR" on every error code if I am understanding it correctly. I've got the 16183247 with the V6. The "Item List" only has a "Default View" option, no error codes page...

I've tried WINALDL, FreeScan, and several others. A lot are outdated or just don't have my ECM. I have a list of error code meanings for my car (http://www.troublecodes.net/GM/gm-94-02-3-8l-vin-lk1/), I just can not for the life of me figure out how to get the Error codes. The paper clip trick doesn't work with OBD1.5...

My car has been lurching a bit when I accelerate lightly, and it has started having a hard time starting up. I bought this cord so I wouldn't have to pay a shop just to tell me what the error code is...

I've attached the log file. Help! Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jacfalcon; 04-28-2015 at 05:32 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    I didn't look at your specific adx, but in general Tunerpro has a Show Data Lists option in the Acquisition menu. Once open, there is a drop down and you should find Engine MALF Codes.

What is available really depends on how much data was put into the adx file but all the data setup in the adx file can be looked at in the Data lists.

Carb and Points!
    "The "Item List" only has a "Default View" option, no error codes page..."

Like I said, it isn't available in the dropdown menu. Is there no way to read the error codes without it programmed into the adx file? How would you recommend getting them?

Carb and Points!
    Help. All I want to know is how to get my error codes from my OBD1.5 vehicle... There's gotta be a way to read the info using my cable...

Fuel Injected!
    The codes appear to be in the Default View starting at 101.

You could also try the adx here if that one isn't working.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...47-16197428-5b