Thread: 7747 Need help with ICM / Distributor wiring

Fuel Injected!

7747 Need help with ICM / Distributor wiring

I'm trying to get setup to use a 7747 to control a Pontiac 4 cylinder with a dual TBI from a 4.3L
    I'm not sure what to do with the distributor wiring. Looks like the 7747 is expecting the distributor input to include a HIGH and a LOW reference signal. However the ICM in the 4 cylinders distributor (7 pin style) has only a single reference from what I can tell. (something like this: http://thumbs2.picclick.com/d/l400/p...rol-Module.jpg )

Is it possible to just wire the ICM reference to the HIGH reference on the ECM? If so, what kind of tuning adjustments do I need to make.

Fuel Injected!
    The large 7 pin module works fine with the 7747 and I would think the small one does as well. The pins should be labeled and should match the 8 pin with the exception of the missing ground pin which can be grounded on the distributor base. When I convert a harness to a 7 pin module, I just use the 4 pin pigtail that's attached to the module in the donor distributor and everything works fine.
    1973 K-5 Blazer, TBI 350, TH400, 1 ton axles & 38" SSRs'
    1975 280Z, TBI 350, 700R4
    1953 M-38A1, TBI Buick 231
    1951 Ford Panel, 5.3 with 4L80E

Fuel Injected!
    FastActon, thanks for the reply, but I think I need a little more help. First picture below is the connector I have coming from the Distributor. Second picture is the connector for the Distributor on the new wiring harness.
    Attachment 8857
    Attachment 8858

Not only is the size and shape of the connectors different, but the wires are not all the same based on my understanding.

7747 has connections labeled: Spark Timing Output, Ign Module Bypass, Dist Reference Low, Dist Reference High. Now my old connector is wired as HEI Bypass, Reference, EST, and Ground. I'll assume EST and Spark Timing output are the same, so I could wire them up, wire up the two bypass wires, then I am left with Ground with no place to go in the connector, and and a single reference from the source when it would seem the computer is looking for 2 references.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by edfiero1 View Post
    FastActon, thanks for the reply, but I think I need a little more help. First picture below is the connector I have coming from the Distributor. Second picture is the connector for the Distributor on the new wiring harness.
    Attachment 8857
    Attachment 8858

Not only is the size and shape of the connectors different, but the wires are not all the same based on my understanding.

7747 has connections labeled: Spark Timing Output, Ign Module Bypass, Dist Reference Low, Dist Reference High. Now my old connector is wired as HEI Bypass, Reference, EST, and Ground. I'll assume EST and Spark Timing output are the same, so I could wire them up, wire up the two bypass wires, then I am left with Ground with no place to go in the connector, and and a single reference from the source when it would seem the computer is looking for 2 references.
    Reference low and ground are the same thing.