Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need a tuner for a mild '93 corvette

Agreed, My 93 K1500 16168625 has not only a single wire O2 stock....but one O2 at that, on the driver side. GM cuts corners where ever they can I guess. Heck, my K1500 doesn't even use an air intake temp sensor. One of the main reasons I am switching to the 16197427 and run $0D is to add an IAT sensor and a MAF, however the truck runs great as it is now.

Keith
    04 Lightning Pullies n Tune CAI
    96 Formula WS-6 m6 383 LE3-Heads/GM847/N2O/ Ford 9" 4:33/Sus Work/Stickies/TunerProRT
    93 K1500 383 LT1 with Low RPM 4x4 torque cam

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by bybyc5 View Post
    Agreed, My 93 K1500 16168625 has not only a single wire O2 stock....but one O2 at that, on the driver side. GM cuts corners where ever they can I guess. Heck, my K1500 doesn't even use an air intake temp sensor. One of the main reasons I am switching to the 16197427 and run $0D is to add an IAT sensor and a MAF, however the truck runs great as it is now.

Keith
    The G-vans I pull TBI harnesses out seem to have 3 wire 02s after tue Y-pipe before the cats. S10s and Astro/Safaris had them as well.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by jay72 View Post
    After disconnecting the battery and swapping chips is there a certain amount of run time to drive the car before logging?
    That log file is the second time I started the car.

Also about getting the wideband onto the log file, I did that with hptuners on my '02 camaro using the egr wire
    I looked at doing it with this car and tunerpro but it looks like all the user add on parameters or whatever they're called are used up by whatever communicates with the ccm.

Is there any other way. The other guys bin runs great at wot, your 1st one runs great at low and mid. Haven't tried the new one yet.
    You should be able to pin the wideband into the A/C temp input.

As for the newer bin, let me know how it goes. It is leaned out substantially from the first via PE fuel multiplier. I purposely left it commanding 11s on the first bin.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    As for the newer bin, let me know how it goes. It is leaned out substantially from the first via PE fuel multiplier. I purposely left it commanding 11s on the first bin.
    I forgot to mention the target is 12.5:1 at 3,600 rpm and starts to lean out at 4,000 rpm, leans to 13:1 by 5,600 rpm and holds 13:1 to fuel shut-off. Wideband should pretty closely match that.
    Last edited by Fast355; 04-23-2015 at 12:58 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Tried it out today, only got one good wot run shifting manually trying to watch the wideband.
    The first wot was 12.2:1 the whole way until I let off. It ran 14.2 to 14.6 most of the time driving normal.
    I did put the stock dfco in it and some other things.
    I'm thinking theres a problem somewhere, the right O2 has been hitting 0 too often in my opinion. The wideband is in the left pipe after the hollowed out cat.
    Have some more O2 bungs coming in friday, think I might get rid of the hollowed cats and put in straight pipe. And convert to heated O2's, I have them and the harness sections. Only thing I don't see having is the time, but I'll get to it.
    Last edited by jay72; 05-14-2015 at 02:21 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Tried it out today, only got one good wot run shifting manually trying to watch the wideband.
    The first wot was 12.2:1 the whole way until I let off. It ran 14.2 to 14.6 most of the time driving normal.
    I did put the stock dfco in it and some other things.
    I'm thinking theres a problem somewhere, the right O2 has been hitting 0 too often in my opinion. The wideband is in the left pipe after the hollowed out cat.
    Have some more O2 bungs coming in friday, think I might get rid of the hollowed cats and put in straight pipe. And convert to heated O2's, I have them and the harness sections. Only thing I don't see having is the time, but I'll get to it.
    12.2 is not too bad, just a little rich. I would probably make those exhaust/02 changes before I did much else with the tune. It still looks a little rich but I also noticed the RH bank is showing fuel trims that are about right at times and the LH bank is adding fuel in those same places. At 1600 rpm and 55 kpa for example. If I history log the LH and RH banks seperate and look at the average. The RH bank reads a 124 average and the LH a 134. There were 98 hits in that cell. Where it gets really weird is at lower RPMs and even in the same KPA row, with more hits in some of those cells the LH and RH banks are roughly equal averages. I definately think you are seeing mechanical/electrical issue but honestly not sure where to start without having the car in my hands.

Fuel Injected!
    I cannot recall having seen such fuel trim splits on any vehicle I have worked with. For instance this is my Express. It stays within a few % bank to bank.

Fuel Injected!
    Well I took it on the highway today and the wideband went to 11.1:1 at 3200 rpm and 66kpa cruising. While reviewing the log file I saw it was going into cat overtemp protection.
    It has hollowed out cats and the factory set up two O2's ahead of the cats none behind.
    Any idea what would cause this?

Fuel Injected!
    Well I took it on the highway today and the wideband went to 11.1:1 at 3200 rpm and 66kpa cruising. While reviewing the log file I saw it was going into cat overtemp protection.
    It has hollowed out cats and the factory set up two O2's ahead of the cats none behind.
    Any idea what would cause this?
    You said it yourself, now to find a way to disable cat overtemp. Cat overtemp makes it pig rich.

Fuel Injected!
    What program did you use to edit the bins you sent me?
    I'm using tunerpro rt and have used tuner cats. Neither have a direct cat over temp reference. I've disabled it with hptuners for my 02 camaro. Theres a table and constant for that with hptuners.
    I guess I'll just make every table, flag, scaler, etc not activate anything I no longer have. I was just doing it by maxing out the enable temp.

Fuel Injected!
    What program did you use to edit the bins you sent me?
    I'm using tunerpro rt and have used tuner cats. Neither have a direct cat over temp reference. I've disabled it with hptuners for my 02 camaro. Theres a table and constant for that with hptuners.
    I guess I'll just make every table, flag, scaler, etc not activate anything I no longer have. I was just doing it by maxing out the enable temp.
    I was using Tuner Pro RT but I have a DA2 hack somewhere on my computer. I will look through the hack if I have time this weekend and look for catalyst overheat parameters. If its in the ADS my guess is I will find the code and the locations in the hack that run it. They may have never been added to the XDF file. I know the last of the TBI engines have catalyst overheat code in them, so it would not surprise me to see it in the LT1 code of the same time frame. 93-95 TBI trucks have catalyst overheat.