Thread: Binary Editor/EEC analyzer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Binary Editor/EEC analyzer

I picked up the BE and EEC Analyzer with the J2534 ad on. So I gues it allows read an writing all the way to 2012 according to Clint the author of the software via email. Only reason I got it was a coworker paid for it for me to tune a 5.0 swap into an older bronco. Ill be using a mongoose ford cable. Has anyone else used this software?

Yes I use it. Very good software, pricey but good.
    AFAIK, coyote tuning is not yet released into BE. It will be released soon

Ok i was playing with it and read out a 2006 3.0 Ranger. I gave me an error do you have to have the strategy loaded to correctly read the calibration?? Also is Ford eec stuff picky of what calibration you flash in them?? Like for example 2003 ford truck NA ecm flash it with a 2003 supercharged calibration because of a motor swap and the letters don't match on the ecm's

To read the calibration you need to load the correct strategy, yes. A lot of errors will pop if you don't. There is a blank strategy made by Decipha just to read the EEC and save the file, I attached it. Open the strategy then read the calibration from the EEC, you won't be able to see or edit anything, but the file will be saved.

Ford computers are not picky about the calibration you flash to them, as long as the hardware is compatible and you don't mix apples with oranges.

As I have learned, Ford stuff is very different than GM. You don't read a Ford EEC and start tuning using that file as base. The process is a little different and you need to be very careful to not flash corrupted or unknown calibrations, because it will brick the EEC. They can be recovered but it will cost you credits.

Did you buy any strategy files? Where did you get the software and mongoose from?

Ok good to know. I don't have any strategy files as of the free ones that I've seen. I bought the software strait from BE with a dongle. The mongoose I got from AES wave we purchase alot of stuff through work from them and tey are local to me.

You must purchase a license for the Mongoose so BE will enable it to read/write. If you already did you're good to go.
    BE asks for credits when you try to flash using the mongoose, no way to flash for free