A friend of mine has a 91 or so C3500 with the 454 and a TBI setup running what he told me was a 700-R4. The transmission was supposedly rebuilt by a company that had done a Tranny flush improperly. Now it hardly shifts and runs like crap even though it doesn't have many miles on it.

I managed to get a deal when I was looking for a basic motor to get my 94 suburban running. 350 TBI motor and 4l80 with wiring harness and ecu and I was looking at putting the 4l80 into his truck. I figure I would have to do some combining of wiring harness' but that doesn't bother me. My concern is that the stock computer won't run the tranny and the ecu that came with the tranny won't run the engine properly.

The ecu that came with the transmission is a 7060 unit and I am not sure yet what came with truck. I will find out, but haven't had the time to get out to his house and pull the glovebox. Either way I figure it is easier to reprogram for the engine instead of trying to make his ecu work with the tranny. I would like to avoid buying a stand alone controller especially since I believe this was a factory option.

I'm not looking for anything other than a stock tune as nothing has been done to the engine or tranny that I know of. He isn't looking for anything other than a reliable vehicle. Is there a good vendor to buy a chip off of or is there someone here that would like to make my life easier and burn me one?

If I'm missing something else please feel free to chip in

Thank you