I am very new to the tuning community and am grateful for sites like this one...which is so appropriately named. As an old school hot rodder, I know absolutely nothing about EFI tuning. Anyway, the main reason for my being here is I need help and education.

My current project is restoration/modification of my '92 4x4 S10 with a 700R4 trans. The 4.3L V6 has been overbored .020 and fitted with flat top pistons. In addition to the Marine cam, the motor is topped of with '96 Vortec heads and an Edelbrock 2114 carb intake which requires an adapter in order to run the TBI. The ECM is a stock 16144288 with BCC BARL.

When I was doing my research on what modifications to pursue, I found a thread on S10Forum titled "info on computers found in 1st gen's" that suggested swapping out my stock ECM for a PCM. The last paragraph recommended using Service No. 16168625. Well, like the author says..."for those who can't leave well enough alone", I bought and want to upgrade to a PCM. So, what I now need is how to:

(1) reconfigure/repin the harness connectors from ECM 16144288 to accept PCM 16168625.
(2) figure out what and how to reprogram the MEMCAL BCC BBMW or whether this BCC is appropriate for my modified motor.
(3) get up to speed on EFI tuning...any suggestions on where to begin and what to read.

Thank you in advance for any advice and assistance. Again, glad to be among you masters of EFI turning!