Hi hope you can help, This is a massive post so sorry in advance. I have tried to include all info i have relating to this as i really hope there is a little nugget of info in this that will help to identify my problem.

I have owned a 09 Tiger 1050 (its a motorbike) for around 3 yrs and
love the bikes all round ability. But since first owning it there has been
a recurring problem with starting after a long run, 60 miles ish .
When I first got the bike it would happen on the odd occasion, but over the
last 3yrs it has increased to the point when every time I stop it is now a
20 minute job (at least) to get the bike to fire, but only after long runs.

When trying to start the bike engine spins over freely with no hint of it
trying to fire up, I leave the bike for 5mins and try again. this can go on
for a while eventually it will suddenly fire up.

Recently the amount of time it takes to start the bike seems to be getting
worse, but towards the end of last summer I found a "trick" that seems to help. If I open the throttle a couple of cm (yes I know your not supposed to, and I never try this unless the normal method has failed) and then press the starter while closing the throttle the bike will often start, but this is still hit and miss. Once the bike does start
it runs really well ( e.g no missing or hunting) . If the bike does this
once it will keep doing it every time I stop, It will also still do it the next
morning after the engine has cooled !! BUT if once started I leave the bike
ticking over for ten minutes or so it seems to cure itself !! (possibly
coincidence)

As I did not know the full history of the bike my first attempt to remedy
this issue was to get the dealer to check and make sure I had the right
engine map (fuel map) this had no affect.
last year I took the bike into the dealer and explained the starting
problem fully, their investigation tuned up no errors, Though the service
engineer did say the ecu was not seeing a closed throttle. And said he had
performed a closed throttle adaptation.

Had the bike out a couple of times now this year and it has let me down again, so back to Triumph again. Their technition could still find nothing wrong in the data so spoke to the guys at the factory who have sugested they replace the tps and if that does not work replace the stepper motor.When i asked the technition if it would definatly be one of these he didn't seem to be too sure.
I do not mind spending a bit of money but an 70 odd quid sender and a couple of hours labour mounts up if you have to do the same again to still not fix the problem, I could be looking at 500 and still not be able to start it.
So this w/e i stripped the bike down to the throttle bodies and had a good look around the tps and stepper motor for split pipes coroded wires etc. Then i used tune ecu and run the iscv setup to test the tps voltages and reset stepper motor all was good and within tolerances.
Next morning went out for a quick 100 miles, bike ran like a dream, got home turned off ignition waited 5 mins would not start again, got it to start in the end using the open throttle trick i mentioned earlier then got the laptop and checked figures for tps using iscv setup still the same as day before.
After that turned bike off, waited a while still would not start normally, once i got it to start again I ran a reset adaptation till tps went green and turned off ignition. From then on bike starts first couple of turns with out having to touch throttle.
If any one has any idea what i should try next i would be very much in your debt !!