Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back at it newbie tuning

I was posting a second post at the same time you were replying.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgillbd View Post
    If you want to try to solve this yourself. Use the parameter finder under tools in tunerpro and look at Deceleration Fuel cutoff and Deceleration enleanment. Your bin may be doing exactly as it is designed to do. Also look at your VE tables for off idle and near idle. Are the tables the same at the areas they overlap? See this thread for more info: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...eed-BLM-advice
    Thank you so much ! You guys are really great here .I really do try to search for the info but sometimes the description I search for don't get me far . I appreciate all of you guys .

Fuel Injected!
    If you want to try to solve this yourself. Use the parameter finder under tools in tunerpro and look at Deceleration Fuel cutoff and Deceleration enleanment. Your bin may be doing exactly as it is designed to do. Also look at your VE tables for off idle and near idle. Are the tables the same at the areas they overlap? See this thread for more info: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...eed-BLM-advice
    I looked that thread over but im still struggling .I don't think its a decal only issue as it hits lean on the way up off idle to around 1800 rpm and then at closed throttle at same cells in decel .
    I had remembered I read somewhere that 10 degrees initial timing in the adx would help starting before I really buckled down on this problem so I went back in and removed the timing at dizzy and in adx but its still lean in the same hole .I tried to up both ve tables at near and off idle all the way up to 2000 rpm and nothing .
    I tried to match the idle /off idle ve tables and the idle blms went richer[ 110] and no other changes off idle
    I also tried reducing the timing by 8 degrees in idle /off idle in these cells with no change .
    It has more than enough fuel every where else and im out of patience and ideas .

In park it goes to closed loop idle and I can rev engine and it has same lean area just like driving down the road .
    Any help is VERY APPRECIATED.
    I m going to try and start over with a new bin at some point but I fear I will still be here once again .
    Last edited by zuk1972; 05-10-2015 at 04:18 AM.

Post a datalog of what you are seeing. Also attach the bin, xdf and adx you are using.
    Last edited by sturgillbd; 05-10-2015 at 02:01 PM. Reason: asked for bin, adx etc

Fuel Injected!
    Post a datalog of what you are seeing. Also attach the bin, xdf and adx you are using.
    It seemed better today maybe due to being a cooler day outside .Also I didn't start datalog this time in driveway after warmup and I got to see some new things in open loop on the road as I started truck and took off watching it cold /open loop,I started datalog as soon as it closed loop mode came in on the road .
    In open loop cold AE and Pe seem to come on strong like the bin is setup to do but again this was open loop .
    After closed loop the Ae /pe didn't seem to come in as strong .It seems as if there may be a perimeter/qualifier that is holding back in closed loop .Like ae /pe don't come in soon enough.
    It seems like that because no fueling I do in off idle or near idle ve with make this lean spot richen up only the standing idle will richen up .
    I am new at this but I swear that in the beginning I thought it should have been going open loop on WOT but it isn't .-this could mean something else ?
    Last edited by zuk1972; 05-10-2015 at 11:29 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok got it .

I just looked at your datalog. Have you verified your fuel pressure at idle and while driving? Please post your bin and what injectors you are running. What is the BCC of the bin you started with so I can compare it to stock?

Fuel Injected!
    Its BDJY bin $e6 mask- fuel pressure was 28 psi about a month ago I checked it in parking lot at idle, I haven't checked it lately .Couldn't check it driving as it was a rental tool and had short hose .
    The injectors are stock 1993 truck injectors 55 or 60 I have seen data that shows different truck 350 rating but they're just regular truck 350 injectors .

Fuel Injected!
    Can anyone offer any advice ?

Check for vacuum leaks and exhaust leaks at heads and collectors. You need to set your injector flow rate in the bin for the added fuel pressure. You have vortec heads so AE will need to be added. You seem to have enough fuel in the higher rpm and loads from what your log shows. Zero out the PE delay time and it will go into PE after the other qualifiers are met. Look at Power Enrichment parameters and Power enrichment tables in TunerPro for the qualifiers. In your last log, I never saw the TPS go over 30%. Is your TPS reading correctly? You can connect with Tunerpro to the vehicle with key on and engine off. Push the accelerator to WOT an see if the TPS shows 100%. After you verify that, I would start using the spread sheet to tune the VE based on the running average on the datalog. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...t=BLM+tutorial After you get the VE close, then work on AE.