Thread: Back at it newbie tuning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

Back at it newbie tuning

Hello ,
    I only had a few weeks tuning before bad weather hit here in ohio .
    I have a a 93 chevy tbi $e6 350 4l60e that the blms are fairly dialed and 126 /130 and at wot it remains in closed loop and shows blms at wot at 126 100 %tps .
    It seems to loose some power even though the blm at wot is at 126 .Im tuning with a nb o2 for the time being and the truck runs poorly until closed loop too .Any help is very appreciated .Could I have it locked to closed loop somehow at wot ?

Maybe you can post a data log?

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    When I stopped tuning when weather changed it was running poorly open loop but decent in closed and very poor wot .
    I had replaced the fuel pump just before I began the tuning learning curve and I had a local guy do the work due to not wanting to drop the gas tank in 25 degree weather in apt parking lot .
    After about 2 weeks of tuning with the new fuel pump at 25psi it died at a red light and I parked it soon after .Long story short I trouble shot it more then a dozen times until I found It had low fuel pressure and I turned out to be the rubber hose that attached to the fuel pump inside strainer acquired a small hole .
    I replaced the pump anyway and have the fuel pressure at 28psi now .
    Light throttle its real snappy and runs well but anything over 1/2 throttle its not snazzy .

I did play with the Injector flow rate some during this run .I was trying to get the near 100 range richer so it also richened up the lower cells some too .

Fuel Injected!
    OK I drove it some more tonight I reread a topic you helped a guy on dave on ae
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...=tables+vortec

I added [divided .980] to your figure on that thread to ae but he first few lines were apparently maxed out on that ].It did seem to help as its very drivable cold or warm now .
    It still isn't going open loop at wot .IM thinking this is the final piece of the puzzle
    Also I am going to get a wb o2 soon ,when I do were do I adjust for wot the ae /pe ?
    I really appreciate all the help you have given me so far on here you guys are lifesavers ,and my sons truck is going to kick but soon ..I am planning to install a mild roller cam in next month or so so ill be out tuning it back in some more .

Attached is a pic of the Off Idle BLM average, with AE / PE / Open Loop removed from the data log posted above.

Overall, the Off Idle BLM's are rich. The was not enough Closed Loop Near Idle data to be useful.

I used an Excel spreadsheet to "crunch" the data log. The BLM's averages (history tables) in TunerPro provides good information, the Excel spreadsheet has improved "filters" for Near Idle / Off Idle / AE / PE.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    I had the blms much closer just before this log . I was adjusting the inj rate on the road to try and get it closer but I didn't get it done . Just before the end I adjusted the while ve off idle down 1 .980 . Is there a setting to look at for it not going open loop at wot ?