Thread: Hi all...looking forward to being part of another great forum.

Carb and Points!

Hi all...looking forward to being part of another great forum.

Hi! I have been lurking on here for a bit since googling some info for a SBC TBI project.....google brought me here. So, in a few days I will get my thoughts and ifno on track and post up. Presently also building a Scrambler CJ8 with a 383 which includes a Howell GM TBI system....well the TB is actually a Holley unit (IIRC 670CFM) and I am hoping it is the newer style with out the injector issues I read about. Hoping Howell didn't source bad components for their line seeing as the Holley TBI got a bad rap from day one..........

Long story short. I have a 1994 K Blazer 5.7L TBI/4L60E 189K runs good, good oil press, consistent fuel mileage and oil consumption since new (one owner) but I am planning to do some tweaks. Planning a very mild 406 low rpm TQ'r with the 193's under the mostly GM provided TBI system. Tuned and fuel pump upgrades where needed of course. That is what I intend to learn here. I will post up more details and goals when those thoughts are compiled. Thanks and talk to you all later.....

Those sound like fun projects to learn TBI with.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by scrambld8 View Post
    Hi! I have been lurking on here for a bit since googling some info for a SBC TBI project.....google brought me here. So, in a few days I will get my thoughts and ifno on track and post up. Presently also building a Scrambler CJ8 with a 383 which includes a Howell GM TBI system....well the TB is actually a Holley unit (IIRC 670CFM) and I am hoping it is the newer style with out the injector issues I read about. Hoping Howell didn't source bad components for their line seeing as the Holley TBI got a bad rap from day one..........

Long story short. I have a 1994 K Blazer 5.7L TBI/4L60E 189K runs good, good oil press, consistent fuel mileage and oil consumption since new (one owner) but I am planning to do some tweaks. Planning a very mild 406 low rpm TQ'r with the 193's under the mostly GM provided TBI system. Tuned and fuel pump upgrades where needed of course. That is what I intend to learn here. I will post up more details and goals when those thoughts are compiled. Thanks and talk to you all later.....
    406 would be great in that blazer. I spec'd one that went into a 95 1-ton van a few years ago. We ended up using a .030" over 2-bolt main 509 casting 400 with a .010/.010 cut crank, balanced rotating assembly, 5.7" "X" rods and a set of 18cc dished pistons with 810 swirl ports on top for ~9:1 compression. Ended up using a Crane 260 cam and 1.6:1 full roller rockers. Put a 2" bored Edelbrock 3704 intake manifold and a 2" bore 454 TBI unit on it. Doug Thorley Tri-Y headers and dual 2.5" to single 3.5" exhaust. Running dual 2.5" bullet style high flow cats, a flowmaster scavenger Y and single 3.5" Walker school bus muffler. With the 4L80E and 4.10s, pulls an 8-10K loaded, enclosed race car trailer 70 mph on flat land with plenty of power to spare.