Thread: Need MORE help with TunerPro

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

Need MORE help with TunerPro

Need MORE help with TunerPro RT. Using Moates APU1 AutoProm on TBI Vortec. Went to emulate with ribbon cable to PCM with binary chip in APU1. Started and the engine runs, BUT Data Acq does not work. Says it is working but it is not. Don't know what is going on. Data Acq works with binary chip in PCM directly. Need suggestions. Please!

Fuel Injected!
    Need a step by step checklist to make certain the appropriate things are being done, in sequence to make certain that emulation can be performed with Data Acq and maybe data tracing. Still getting accustomed to TunerPro RT. Learning more each time trying to run the 454 TBI 350 Vortec on the engine run-in stand. Just got halted with Data Acq not working. Need HELP!

Using the APU1 as an Emulator (realtime changes)

The APU1 can be used as a real time chip emulator. It functions almost identically to the Ostrich/Ostrich2 products that we sell, using the same software and procedures.

1. Make sure the APU1 is connected to your PC and has a COM port between 1 and 8
    2. Make sure there is nothing in the ZIF socket. Emulation will NOT work reliably unless the ZIF socket is empty!!!
    3. Make sure the outer horizontal switch is ‘towards the USB port’ position. (APU1 mode. Other position is passthrough mode, identical to ALDU1). Emulation software will NOT be able to connect to the AutoPROM unless this switch is set correctly!!!
    4. Fire up TunerPro RT or EmUtility software. Your APU1 should be recognized and you should be able to upload a tune to it.
    5. If the APU1 is not recognized by software, try moving the mode selection switch again. Verify the the USB is being recognized correctly.

From the Moates website http://support.moates.net/troublesho...apu1-autoprom/

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgillbd View Post
    Using the APU1 as an Emulator (realtime changes)

The APU1 can be used as a real time chip emulator. It functions almost identically to the Ostrich/Ostrich2 products that we sell, using the same software and procedures.

1. Make sure the APU1 is connected to your PC and has a COM port between 1 and 8
    2. Make sure there is nothing in the ZIF socket. Emulation will NOT work reliably unless the ZIF socket is empty!!!
    3. Make sure the outer horizontal switch is ‘towards the USB port’ position. (APU1 mode. Other position is passthrough mode, identical to ALDU1). Emulation software will NOT be able to connect to the AutoPROM unless this switch is set correctly!!!
    4. Fire up TunerPro RT or EmUtility software. Your APU1 should be recognized and you should be able to upload a tune to it.
    5. If the APU1 is not recognized by software, try moving the mode selection switch again. Verify the the USB is being recognized correctly.

From the Moates website http://support.moates.net/troublesho...apu1-autoprom/
    Sure appreciate your posting suggestions. Did not know about item 2. The binary chip is in the ZIF socket. Somehow got the idea the chip needed to be there. Horizontal switch is set toward USB connection on APU1. As for item 1, with the binary chip in the PCM socket, the Data Acq works as it should. Will remove the chip from the ZIF socket, with TunerPro V5.x, the binary should auto load. The same for the ADX file and XDF files. With the Emulation working, is it possible to perform data tracing at the same time? Please advise. Thanks.

Usually you load your bin into the emulator, then enable emulation. When you open up the table or scalar and make a change, click update and the change is made realtime.
    I have not tried data tracing while emulating yet. I toyed with data tracing a few months ago before I bought my Ostrich. Here is a guide for data tracing by EagleMark in the Tunerpro forum.
    http://forum.tunerpro.net/viewtopic.php?t=2674

Hope this helps
    Brian

Fuel Injected!
    Usually you load your bin into the emulator, then enable emulation. When you open up the table or scalar and make a change, click update and the change is made realtime.
    I have not tried data tracing while emulating yet. I toyed with data tracing a few months ago before I bought my Ostrich. Here is a guide for data tracing by EagleMark in the Tunerpro forum.

Hope this helps
    Brian
    TunerPro RT version 5.x automatically loads the most recent binary, ADX and XDF when it starts up. The binary image loaded in TunerPro and connected to the APU1 AutoProm via the USB connector and then from the APU1 through the ribbon cable to the socket in the PCM. The engine is running off the binary image file as communicated through this path to the PCM. When making changes to table, scalar etc. the image is changed in the binary image resident in RAM on the computer and the PCM. Once the altered binary image is finalized, it can be saved to an updated binary image file on the computer. I will try removing the chip with the binary image from the APU1, to see if this allows Data Acq in TunerPro.

Rolly

Fuel Injected!

Hope this helps
    Brian
    For some unknown reason, TunerPro on the laptop got corrupted. Tried to load the altered binary file and TunerPro would not allow it. Reloaded TunerPro and erased chip and reloaded with altered binary file. Will try this all tomorrow.

Rolly

Carb and Points!
    Wow. You guys are WAAAAAY over my head...but maybe I can learn/u can help. I have a 1994 LT1 out of a trans am in my 1991 s/10 blazer....how I bought it. TONS of problems w optispark and LT1 so I bought tuner pro. The owner told me I also need to buy another $20 program...cant remember the name....tunercat maybe? I have no stickers on my pcm. Can u possibly help me with bin #s and the .adx and .xdf (i think?) Files and such? I would be very thankful. I hate bothering Mark....the owner of tunerpro. Thank u in advance!
    Joe