Thread: Need MORE help with TunerPro

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    It would help alot if you posted your .BIN file and the actual initial timing value you are running with the EST connector disconnected. Also post the datalog definition file you are running. It may be a problem between the .XDF you are using and the .ADX file.

For example if you have the initial timing set at 10* BTDC, have the .BIN file set at 0* your crank timing will read 10* higher with the timing light than the Tunerpro Datalog. If you have both the initial timing set at 10*, you .bin set at 10* and your .ADX has no compensation it would also read off. Post what you are using and maybe I can help shine some light on it.

Also just FYI, running lean will likely hurt your emissions. Your best bet is to keep it in the 14.2-14.7 range and pull about 6-8* of timing out of the test area. When you run it lean your mixture will not fully combust despite raised combustion temperatures and you will have a spike of unburned Hydrocarbons (HC) and Nitrogen Oxides.

Back when my old 83 G20 van still had the original quadrajet fed 305 in it, I used to block off the vacuum advance with a BB prior to the yearly smog test. It would easily pass with the timing retarded and almost always failed with the timing at factory spec.
    In response to your suggestions, attached find the Binary, ADX, XDF and latest datalog files being used on 16197427 PCM on the 350 Vortec with 454 throttle body and supposed Cop Car injectors. Set the ignition timing to zero degrees on the balancer with a timing light with the one wire disconnected coming from the distributor to the PCM. Then reattached this wire. Used the timing light and saw the ignition timing retarded -10 degrees from zero degrees. Puzzling. Advance the throttle and the timing may go 10 degrees advanced yet the TunerPro screen says 20+ degrees advanced yet the strobed balancer says 10 degrees advanced. More puzzling. May have a defective spare 1 16197427 PCM?

Also replaced the IAC motor with a new one after the log reported IAC fail. Last run (attached) after several minutes IAC went FAIL again. More puzzling. Again, possibly defective spare 1 PCM?

Will remove 16197427 PCM from my 1994 454 suburban and use it for testing after replacing the flash chip. Then record another session.
    Attached Files Attached Files