Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ??? about offsets using MiniPro TL866CS

Fuel Injected!
    Buddrow
    It loads and verifys, but I still get a fast blinking SES when I put it in the ECM zif. I'm wondering if the G3 adapter from Moates could be giving me a problem
    Last edited by 57210; 03-19-2015 at 05:32 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Hmm. Do you have another 29c256 to try or have you aleady? If it still enters limp with the correct offset then it's likely a physical connection issue.

Check continuity on each pin with a meter between the zif socket and the underside connections on the pcb.

Can you post a pic of the zif socket and the sodler joints?

Buddrow
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by buddrow View Post
    Hmm. Do you have another 29c256 to try or have you aleady? If it still enters limp with the correct offset then it's likely a physical connection issue.

Check continuity on each pin with a meter between the zif socket and the underside connections on the pcb.

Can you post a pic of the zif socket and the sodler joints?

Buddrow
    I'm sure the solder joints are good, because I took a stock 2732 prom and put it in the 24 pin adapter and it worked fine. I don't know how to check the G2 adapter. Any idea how they go from 24 to 28 pins? It looked like the 4 end pins weren't connected to anything

Fuel Injected!
    The G2 is pretty simple, it directs the appropriate data lines from the 28 pin to the 24 pin config. It's a pretty solid piece so I wouldn't suspect it. Get a DVOM or analog meter and check for continuity with the zif installed between the chip sockets and the solder joints on the bottom of the ecm pcb. you should have continuity between 24 pins top to bottom i believe.

Buddrow
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Fuel Injected!
    use tunerpros bin stack set chip size to 32k not 256k a 27c256 is 32k in size

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by delcowizzid View Post
    use tunerpros bin stack set chip size to 32k not 256k a 27c256 is 32k in size
    Would the block size be 4k then?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by buddrow View Post
    The G2 is pretty simple, it directs the appropriate data lines from the 28 pin to the 24 pin config. It's a pretty solid piece so I wouldn't suspect it. Get a DVOM or analog meter and check for continuity with the zif installed between the chip sockets and the solder joints on the bottom of the ecm pcb. you should have continuity between 24 pins top to bottom i believe.

Buddrow
    Checked the continuity from the zif tp the bottom of the board. It all checked good.

Quote Originally Posted by 57210 View Post
    Joe
    Thanks for the link, I've tried that without any success. That must be for the Burn2 programmer that Moates sells.
    The offsets are determined by the E/EPROM and bin size being used, not by the programmer.

Quote Originally Posted by fastacton View Post
    Are you using TunerPro to burn the chip? Are you burning a 2732 or something else? You might be better off using whatever software comes with the TL866. When I use my G540 and it's software, all I have to do is select the chip type and it takes care of the rest when I burn a 2732A.
    AFAIK, the only devices that interface with Tuner Pro directly (for E/EPROM programming) is the BURN1, BURN2 and the AutoProm. For other devices you need to use their native software.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    I wanted to say Thanks for all the help with this. I finally found that the ECM I used for this was bad. I got another one and soldered it up this morning all the chips I burned seem to come up fine. I saved my original ECM to have as a backup in the truck in case I need it to get home.