Thread: Stock computer/Stock tune Datalogging?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!
    i understand, roadknee posted an adx i can use. I havent driven around with a fuel pressure gauge hooked up yet or with the laptop hooked up yet, but when i have it idling and it goes into closed loop and stalls, the gauge would stay at 12.5 with very very little deflection, and when the truck stalled pressure dropped to 11.
    1994 k2500 Extra Cab 7"Lift 4.88's 35's, 353ci 4 bolt main small block, forged/balanced rotating assembly, dart 180 64cc shp aluminum heads, edelbrock tbi manifold, holley 670cfm, comp cams 08-525-8, long tube headers, custom 2.5'' mandrel bent x-pipe exhaust with flowmaster 40's, custom built 4l60e
    1966 Chevy II SS (my first love <3)

Administrator
    There are really two different computer connections to make. One is to make changes to the ecm program. The other is to monitor what the ecm is seeing and reporting. The ALDL is for monitoring. It was used by dealership technicians originally and has no connection with the ecm program. All you need to use it is an ALDL cable and monitoring software. Tunerpro can monitor with the ADX posted earlier. Luckily, you can play around with that portion of tunerpro without much worry of making a mistake.

The tuning side of things, actually making changes to the program, is where the G1, APU1, HDR1, and XDF files come into play. I'd recommend focusing on getting connected to the ALDL and monitoring data first, just to get the hang of things.

Your senses are just as valid with EFI as they were with a carb. Is the exhaust rich? Are the plugs loaded up? Does the engine slowly die like it's loading up or flat out stall?

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    There are really two different computer connections to make. One is to make changes to the ecm program. The other is to monitor what the ecm is seeing and reporting. The ALDL is for monitoring. It was used by dealership technicians originally and has no connection with the ecm program. All you need to use it is an ALDL cable and monitoring software. Tunerpro can monitor with the ADX posted earlier. Luckily, you can play around with that portion of tunerpro without much worry of making a mistake.

The tuning side of things, actually making changes to the program, is where the G1, APU1, HDR1, and XDF files come into play. I'd recommend focusing on getting connected to the ALDL and monitoring data first, just to get the hang of things.

Your senses are just as valid with EFI as they were with a carb. Is the exhaust rich? Are the plugs loaded up? Does the engine slowly die like it's loading up or flat out stall?
    i havent checked the plugs yet cause its only got about a half hour of idle time and maybe 20 minutes of actual drive time. it doesnt smell rich, and no black soot on the pipes. but when it goes to die slowly, and it back fires through the tbi it does spurt some gas with it.
    1994 k2500 Extra Cab 7"Lift 4.88's 35's, 353ci 4 bolt main small block, forged/balanced rotating assembly, dart 180 64cc shp aluminum heads, edelbrock tbi manifold, holley 670cfm, comp cams 08-525-8, long tube headers, custom 2.5'' mandrel bent x-pipe exhaust with flowmaster 40's, custom built 4l60e
    1966 Chevy II SS (my first love <3)